Search

I have just created a new extension, allowing integration with an LDAP environment. The extension "LDAP Authors" enables LDAP users to authenticate with Symphony and creates an associated author.

I do not have very much experience with LDAP at all so please put it through its paces and let me know if you find any bugs.

Nice :)

Next step: adding LDAP support for Members extension!

@remie: I can probably look into that in the next couple of weeks. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Nice one

As an enhancement would it be possible to provide separate DNs for authentication and details lookup?

On my LDAP server authentication details are maintained in an ou=users,dc=example,dc=com as part of a Samba setup. The givenName, mail and sn attributes are kept in a separate ou=yellowpages,dc=example,dc=com.

This is, I believe, a fairly typical setup where the LDAP service provides a user details directory separate from authentication.

There is no reason why the two DNs couldn't be defaulted to the same value in the configuration file for backwards compatibility.

@neildarlow: I don't have an environment to test this extension in, would you mind testing the new branch: LDAP Authors - Secondary DN Branch

@passbe, Did you get anywhere with LDAP working with members?