Search

I know that many members have voiced their concern that there is no official place to ask or advertise jobs of commercial nature. The forum's culture had been established to be as commercial-free as possible, a safe-haven among designers and developers to share code and solve problems.

The protective mentality for Symphony forum participants is understandable, many active members (especially the veterans) already have a full-time job or are already overwhelmed with job requests. Naturally, such members would be less enthusiastic when issues or questions are tied to commercial interests.

That said, Symphony is also a system that is used by commercial entities. Web agencies, in-house web projects and web freelancers. In fact, a vast majority of active members use Symphony at a professional capacity.

The proposal I made during the Symposium was to introduce a Symphony Network area where job listing and freelancers looking for work can get connected. Building this infrastructure will take time though.

In the mean time, I have put this thread up as a place where members can freely post job requests or for freelancers looking for work. Symphonists that have been here long enough probably remember the same attempt a while back. However, this time the plan is to introduce an entire subsystem for this.

I think it's important for the Symphony forum to maintain its separation away from commercial ties, this way veteran Symphonists would be able to continue to be enticed and motivated to help solely for the sake of helping.

But until the day that we release such a network infrastructure, please use this thread as your means to get things moving.

That sounds great.

Idea: perhaps in the meantime, there could be an additional forum category devoted to job requests and positions. Its posts could be hidden in the main list, so that only those interested in taking on commercial projects would have to see the posts (done by clicking on the category on the left).

Also (perhaps more importantly), it would allow each offer to remain in its own thread instead of having one giant sprawling thread that contains mixed and crossing responses.

Awesome!

Me likes, Thanks Allen.

Great, my agency is looking for a talented Symphony freelancer to work on a project in the coming 2-3 weeks. Photoshop designs are complete, freelancer would need to slice the design into HTML/CSS, add some JavaScript interaction, and develop the site in Symphony. Agency will help add content in Symphony. Designs and more details are available upon request. Email me at jesse [at] morsekode.com

I'm almost always looking for contracts, my site is http:www.jeffleeder.com.

I've developed many symphony sites including 2 using the front end membership extension.

Yeah, I'm looking for web projects based on Symphony. You can have a look at two websites I've created based on this amazing CMS.

www.adambakermusic.co.uk
www.junction12.org.uk

This is nice, here is my portfolio, http://layoutz.com.br/pagina/portfolio, i'm from Brazil, i've been working with symphony for a while, check my portfolio, and if need anything just email me.

This is a great idea!!!!

I am sometimes overwhelmed with followup request from old mini-clients when they need to expand their existing site. More often than not, I have to put them on hold because I have something other in works. It's almost impossible to find people who are familiar with Symphony. I would be more than happy to hand over some of the smaller gigs w/o commission and make my clients happy rather than bail on them.

What about launching a stand-alone and non-profit microsite similar to http://authenticjobs.com where people could simply post all their symphony related job offerings... It could be a microsite or part of the current Symphony CMS website.

In my opinion this would be the best approach. Besides... Although Symphony is open source and community supported, most of the people use it for commercial projects anyway.

Sadly collabfinder.com is dead. Perhaps instead of building something from scratch this thing sits on top of something like Built it with me, Programmer Meet Designer, Sortfolio. They don't have APIs as such, but an RSS feed would suffice. Drupal have a people who provide Drupal services page, a jobs board and a mailinglist but that's way overkill for the size of this community.

We already have @symphonygigs which is useful for announcements.

At my company CB’a, a branding agency part of the Ogilvy Group, we have an opportunity for a freelance web developer to help us in our digital projects.

You should be proficient in Symphony and its core technologies such as XML and XSLT as well as be a skilled HTML/CSS/JS coder.

A good understanding of web design (applying creative designs responsively, appreciation of typography and precision) is a must.

Please send your CV and portfolio (or some samples of your work) to it at cba-design.it

@iltrico can you provide us with any idea on how much help is required. Would this be for now-and-then jobs, or e.g. at least a day a week, etc.

Maybe you could send me an email? I am quite interested but would like to discuss some things further.

Hello guys,

A small project I work on might require integration with the Companies House (UK) XML Gateway.

I'd rather not do this on my own, so, if you have experience integrating it with Symphony, would you be willing to help with this?

Thanks!

Edit: [Closed]

Do you know where I could find details about licensing and pricing of Symfoni CMS.

Symphony CMS is open source and free. Symfony (not this website!) is something different. Never heard of Symfoni.

A UK partner firm is looking for a Symphony developer to work on various new and existing Symphony projects. The work would suit someone with intermediate Symphony skills and would be on a freelance per-project basis. Design skills would be a plus.

If interested please contact me on info[at]eyes-down.net