Search

A new extension, "Safari DS Select Fix" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

This extension fixes a bug with Safari, where the multi-select box in the datasource editor won't show any items on the initial page load, until the select box is scrolled. Note that this is a bug with Safari, not Symphony itself.

I'm not sure how wide-spread this issue is, but it's been happening to me for a few years now, so thought I'd figure out how to 'fix' it.

The actual fix is very basic:

jQuery('#blueprints-datasources select[multiple].filtered').removeAttr('size');

Removing the non-existent 'size' attribute was the least-destructive way I could find of forcing Safari to repaint the select box element. If anyone has a less potentially destructive way of doing this I'd love to hear it.

I thought this issue was fixed in one of the latest releases of Symphony (at least I don't experience it anymore). Which version of Symphony are you working with?

Yep, you're right. I had updated to the latest version, but it must still have been using the cached javascript or CSS or whatever was changed to fix it.

Sigh

To make up for this incredibly disappointing thread and extension, have a cute dog picture.

alt text

Attachments:
moKxa.jpg

Sweet :)

@Henry — what type of dog is the big guy? I have a Groodle that looks quite a lot like that massive, hairy lump of dark hair you have there :)

I wish they were mine :( I think I grabbed it from cuteoverload.com a while back. Maybe an Irish wolfhound?