Search

Hi,

On a web page which is often visited by handicapped people I've noticed that the email address entered into the contact form is sometimes misspelt.

To be sure to be able to answer their questions, I want to make sure the email address entered is right and thought about adding a second email input field and compare the two.

But I have no clue how to do this. Any advice?

Thanks padexx

Maybe instead of insisting it's entered twice, which is likely going to be annoying, maybe you could display the email entered in a 'Please check the address you entered is correct' type confirmation stage, with options to confirm or re-enter?

This might be another option, you are right. But I am fairly new to using/creating events.

Having a confirmation page would mean I'd have to somehow cache the form content and submit it after confirmation of the old/new e-Mail address.

Is there a code snippet out there to start with?

Not confirmation page, but confirmation stage. It can be implemented with a new page or use some JavaScript / jQuery to open a popup or something and follow @DavidOliver's suggestion:

maybe you could display the email entered in a 'Please check the address you entered is correct' type confirmation stage, with options to confirm or re-enter

I think comparing two (email) fields is something used very often (registration, contact forms etc.) and straight forward.

I have to think about the "confirmation stage" as a work around. As I try to avoid JavaScript for accessibility reasons this time a second page might be an option.