Search

Re 1.: Cool, I implemented this yesterday (for the publish page)! :-) Of course this information is only visible if the author actually has a choice. Please pull the current extension code from GitHub.

Re 2.: Is it? I don't think so. But you can use ETMs preview feature (which should be fine in most cases). And: ENM — unlike the old Email Newsletters extension — allows to re-send a campaign. That means that your authors can always send to a "test recipient group" (which should be editable by authors, of course) first, review the email(s), then send to the "real" recipient group.

Re 3: I think that subscription/unsubscription should be handled by a separate extension (even if you need a simple solution, i.e. you don't want to handle subscription Members-based). I have a working solution for some of my clients, but the extension contains too many hardcoded field IDs etc. So only if I find the time to re-work this, I can release something.

@michael-e I'll try to explain better. I think it is a part of the EmailNewsletterManager. Because the error appears when I want to create a new "Newsletter Recipient Group" - by pushing the button that leads to the following address: ...extension/emailnewslettermanager/recipientgroups/new

any ideas?

Thank you!

This is what I got from the logs:

Line: 135 - loadXML(): xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 1
Line: 135 - loadXML(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1
Line: 135 - loadXML(): xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 1
Line: 135 - loadXML(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in file /var/www/customers/webs/web11/extensions/email_newsletter_manager/lib/class.extensionpage.php on line 60
29 December 2011 21:26 > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPageHandler 0 - Line: 135 - loadXML(): xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 1

It won't throw an error when I comment out the line that it points to, but it will only provide static or system sources from the dropdown:

throw new SymphonyErrorPage(trim($errstr), NULL, 'xslt-error', array('proc' => clone $this->_XSLTProc));

@ChriZ: Did you solve this in the meantime?

@creativedutchmen will know better than my why this can happen. I can only guess.

Do you have section or field names containing dangerous characters like umlauts or &?

I tried, but didn't find the solution. It breaks trying to get the list for the sections I think. The xsl is almost identical to the one of the Template Manager. But yet it doesn't work with the ENM.

Hmm, this is probably caused by a dangerous character (like &) in your field names or section names.

Can you please check if this is the case? That will make it a lot easier for me to find the bug.

Good work guys, thanks!

While trying to send a newsletter, ENM is stuck at:

Sending
0 emails sent
0 emails failed

Should E-Mail errors be visible in the Symphony main log? Would there be an error if the CLI is not properly working? Thanks in advance for any clues!

There are two possible places for errors: the main log, and the newsletter log. From memory, the newsletter log is created in the manifest directory itself.

If the CLI is not working I think the error should be in the main log, but looking at both never hurts.

Thanks Huib,

the main log is quiet, and there is no newsletter log created :(

Update: I have included my settings, maybe I am doing something elemental wrong?

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-04 um 16.17.34.png, Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-04 um 16.17.06.png and Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-04 um 16.16.48.png

@creativedutchmen The only "special" character found was a "/" used in a field name for a section. Of course there are entries in the sections with & and whatever but these shouldn't affect it. Perhpas the slash is doing it?

Later this day I'll mirror the site and get rid of all sections and see what happens then. Cheers!

@ChriZ: The slash should not be a problem, as the error you posted is definitely an error with an ampersand somewhere in the XML. Is there a possibility for me to check out your installation? You can contact me at huib [at] creativedutchmen [dot] com.

@animaux: Your setup looks good. What OS are you running? My old windows box has had the same problems (although I would swear I fixed those!)

The site is on a server running PHP Version 5.3.8 Linux m16s3-1-21da.ispgateway.de 2.6.32.33-grsec #1 SMP Fri Jun 17 15:58:45 CEST 2011 i686

Let me know if a full phpinfo() would be helpful.

Thanks! :)

Hi Michael and Huib

I think I have notices a small bug in the extension. The uninstall function doesn't seem to delete the sym_email_newsletters table. Thus if you try and install it having uninstalled it, you get an error and need to manually delete the table before it will work.

You are right — that's why we have some TODOs in the extension driver. :-)

/*
    TODO should we drop the newsletters table upon uninstallation of the extension?
*/

// // drop database table
// Symphony::Database()->query("DROP TABLE `sym_email_newsletters`");

/*
    TODO shoud we remove the template files upon uninstallation of the extension?
*/

Please post it as an issue on GitHub (which makes it more visible)!

Dear Huib and Michael,

I’m still stuck with the same problem mentioned in Comment #27. Sending E-Mails via Symphony’s internal engine works fine with forms and such. Is there anything else I could look for, or any info I can give you guys to be able to find the problem? Still no errors anywhere :(

Cheers in any case :)

@animaux: I had a similar problem, but I found the solution in the newsletter log... If you don't have any log, I am lost here. I hope that @creativedutchmen has an idea.

BTW: I looked at your screeshots. Are you on 2.3beta??? Then it won't work. It only works with 2.2.5 at the moment.

Please try and remove the parameters, use hardcoded values instead. Does it send emails then?

Thanks Michael,

I’ve been trying all this on 2.2.3, and was hoping upgrading to 2.2.5 would do the trick. Unfortunately it did not :(

The buttons and some styles are CSS shamelessly stolen from the 2.3? :)

I tried hardcoding the Recipients in the ETM, but that didn’t change anything either :(

Thanks for your patience so far.

EDIT: hardcoding the Newsletter-ID didn’t work either

Hmnn, there’s a process_return.txt file being created in the root folder, but it’s empty.

I also had some strange files in my root folder (different ones) the other day.

I am afraid we have to wait for Huib to jump into this.

Again I found some files in my root:

• domain.txt
  • process_return.txt
  • recipients.txt

Unfortunately I still don't know when they are written.