Search

I'm having the same problem as detailed here using MAMP on my own machine.

I'm unable to send any emails, logs report:

SymphonyErrorPageHandler 0 - 2002: No such file or directory in file...

Do I need to edit class.emailbackgroundprocess.php to point to the location of my php.ini file?

This is probably caused by a different PHP version or configuration for the CLI version of PHP versus the Apache variant.

Can you run php -v from the command line and post the response here?

@creativedutchmen - Thanks...

PHP 5.3.10 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Feb 20 2012 22:55:53) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

Hm, this looks alright. What version of Symphony are you using?

@creativedutchmen I'm using v2.2.5

Argh, then I do not know what could be causing this. Would you like me to debug this on your server?

You can contact me at huib [at] creativedutchmen [dot] com

Hi I'm having a strange problem, I'm using a 2.2.5 install with the v1.0.1 of the extension.

When I go to create a new recipient group in Blueprints I get an error page with:

Line 1
loadXML(): xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 1
Line 1
loadXML(): xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 1 

Am I missing something with the setup, I installed it and setup a sender so far havn't done anything else. I also have the ETM installed and working.

If I comment out extensions/emailnewslettermanager/lib/class.extensionpage.php line 60

throw new SymphonyErrorPage(trim($errstr), NULL, 'xslt-error', array('proc' => clone $this->_XSLTProc));

I can get the page to load, however I don't know if that breaks the extension or not.

Jeff, do you have a & in your page somewhere? Maybe in the name of your template, or anywhere else?

Creativedutchman.

I don't have an & in any of my template names, section names, events or datasources. I do have the occasional - in my names would that cause it?

The error shows when I click the new button and the symphony page trys to load.

When I comment out the error throw line I can see the page and in the drop down no sections show up. Just static and authors.

Could it be another extension causing issues?

I have paypal payments in there that adds a section I cant control. I also have members and a bunch others

edit: paypal payments has a / in a section field name

My guess is that the section names break the XSLT processing.

The ETM uses XSLT processing to build its backend pages (while the Symphony core and most extensions use "plain PHP" to do it). This also means that the ETM is prone to unencoded entities. We have solved most of the problems, and it would be very interesting to find the reason in this case.

How many sections do you have? Would it be possible to temporarily rename them to plain alphanumeric names? If the ETM works then, could you switch back one by one to see when it breaks?

Ah, I was too slow.

Can you post a list of your section and field names? Or send it to my email inbox? (Click my username, then follow the link to my website and use the email address on the "Kontakt" page.)

here are my section names Some of the fields have - in them

And there is also a paypal transactions section added by the extension

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 12.37.42 PM.png and Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 12.37.09 PM.png

Ok I copied my installation and removed fields till things worked.

I have narrowed it down to 2 select box fields not select box link just select box. When I remove 1 the 2 errors become 1 and when I remove both the page loads. So the name of the select box is just text so I dont know what to do now.

Do the values of Selectboxes options contain & or <?

If yes, that's the problem.

Also, the values of the Selectboxes could get truncated such that there is a &hellip; in the output. Just a shot in the dark.

There we go, I had a & in one of the entries.

EDIT: Thanks for your help everyone.!

Anyone know how to encode those automatically? Those fields are filled in by the public. EDIT: nevermind found a regular expression to throw an error.

Anyone know how to encode those automatically?

I think this should be posted as a bug for Selectbox field because it should allow insertion of & and < without escaping.

First: Great that you got this sorted!

And: Yes, it is a bug in the Selectbox field. Would you please post the issue on Github (so this can be fixed in Symphony 2.3.x)?

EDIT: nevermind found a regular expression to throw an error.

Cool. :-)