Search

Is there a recommended way of accessing event data from within another event?

I've already some possible workarounds in mind, but I'm wondering if there's a proper way to do it, similar to accessing params with

Frontend::instance()->Page()->_param['key'];

The big picture:

I'm customizing @czheng's Member Claims-extension for a project where I don't need the full functionality of the Members-extension. Instead, I want to provide users with the ability to login via Facebook, so I'm just saving the facebook id along with a claim instead of a member id. Since @Joseph's Facebook Toolkit-extension is already doing most of the trick, I would like to access this extension's event-data from within my custom extension event instead of implementing the API request directly.

Hi Jens, would brendo gist tutorial help here? https://gist.github.com/901476

@moonoo2 Not really, but thanks anyway, this tutorial already helped me a lot in some other cases. As mentioned, I already know some working solutions to my problem, but I'm searching for some kind of best practice.

Ah cool no worries!

It's a two way street. The original event should put any public data into the page parameters so that any events executed after this event can access the information using the snippet you posted.

@brendo Thanks, that's exactly what I ended up with. I simply added a second event to Facebook Toolkit that provides a user's Facebook ID as parameter "member-id", so Member Claims can remain unmodified and work with Facebook Toolkit instead of the Members extension.

By the way, any progress so far on finding a good concept for third party integration for the Members extension?