Search

Hi people.

I remember reading that to get images to display correctly on NFS hosted installations you have to modify something on the index.php?

I can't for the life of my find this thing now. It might have been in the JIT thread but I couldn't find it after a skim through. Anyone familiar with this able to tell me what exactly I need to do??

I have more questions but I fail to recall them right now. Thanks friendS, - Will

Maybe this thread?

Hey. Thank you I have read this thread a number of times.

Oh wait... I posted having only read the top of that thread. Yes it was this one! Grazie. I think there should be like a sticky-type thread for working with shared hosts. That would save me posting so often lol.

Guise I'm so confused. I've had this problem since I started using this cms. Why do my images not display? The ownership of my things is all correct, a debug shows them in the article and all that stuff. They're just not physically there, in the thing. It's kinda stressing me out now.

I took some screenshots of my debug things. Anyone got ideas??

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 14.49.49.png and Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 14.45.24.png

Are you able to directly navigate to the images when you go directly to their URL?

Yes indeed. They also appear in my Images Content page thingy...

Have you made sure the URLs in your sourcecode match the ones you've just tried?

Yeahh.. I'm fairly sure they do. I added the extra 'portfolio' directory onto 'uploads' in get-images anyway. I think that's what I'm supposed to do?

So, you can access the images on your server, the URLs in your markup are the same as you've just tried but the images won't show up inline in your browser?

As far as I can tell, yes. That said I'm very new at this. Sadly this is the only thing really holding up my development as... Well what is a portfolio without content. But yes that seems to be the issue. I clicked 'Result' on the debug and they didn't show up in that bit either. Which makes sense.

That doesn't make sense. Can you post a link to the site so we can take a look for ourselves?

Just one to tick off, are you images CMYK colour space at all?

I uh... Yeahh... You couldd but erm... It's really messy. I think the html5 xsl util broke it a bit but whatever I didn't do my CSS yet

and no. Well. They vary. But the example I'm using is rgb, jpg.

I don't see the HTML for the image to show on that link you provided.

Also, the garbled text that's being output leads me to believe that your XSLT template code isn't written correctly. It's hard to tell without seeing your ?debug and only someone with access to your Symphony admin can see that.

It looks like your template is not actually outputting any img tags. I’m also not seeing any div with the class of article-images, so I suspect that the xsl:if test you’re performing on line 6 there is failing, and it’s never calling the template.

<xsl:if test="/data/article-images/entry[article/item/@id = $entry-id]">

I believe that entry[article/item/@id…] will expect an entry node with an article node as a descendent. It’s pretty clear from your debug XML that no such node exists.

I might take out the <xsl:if> altogether and just have this line:

`<xsl:apply-templates select="/data/article-images/entry[@id = $entry-id]"/>`

So if you pass an entry-id of 18, as we see in your debug XML, then this will select the article-images/entry node with an id of 18 and apply the template you’ve already created.

Notice too that you don’t really need to do the if testing here—the call to apply-templates with the appropriate select attribute does all the testing you need. XSL is economical that way.

Yes. I am most concerned that this has happened every time I've installed symphony. I can't wait to host on a private server. I always believed it might have been something to do with the installation as you'd expect it to work right out the box... but as far as I can tell everything is fine. Afterall, I can upload the images and such. Anything like permissions or ownership isn't apparent elsewhere. Oooh... Except this one time I installed an ensemble and it worked just fine.

Anyhow, I think tachy might be along the right lines here. I tried replacing the line and I believe the article-images div did show up. There was still no image but it looked to be along the right lines. I'll have a further play around with this but I have to do some other stuff today.

As for the garbled text.. Well I set up html5.xsl on some pages. I think as I don't actually have a reset.css present then it's just causing mayhem.