Search

I have some events that have Date/Time field attached and they can span several days. eg:

start      - end
01.06.2012 - 05.06.2012
02.06.2012 - 03.06.2012
02.06.2012 - 08.06.2012
03.06.2012 - 10.06.2012

How can I filter the events to return only those that contain 03.06.2012?

I was thinking of something like:

start: earlier than 2012-06-03, end: later than 2012-06-03

but joined with an AND (it joined by OR). If I understand correctly, strict: operator will use same expression to test both start and end while I need a strict: mode that accepts different expression for start and end.

Thanks!

Edit:

Uhh, from the Readme:

Filters separated by + will only find dates that match all of the given dates or ranges.

So, this should do it:

start: earlier than 2012-06-03 + end: later than 2012-06-03

but if an event starts on 2012-06-03, it will be excluded. Any ideas?

Edit 2

Compare start to a day later than and end to a day earlier than:

start: earlier than 2012-06-04 + end: later than 2012-06-02

This is in the "don't find the error? Post it on the forum and you will immediately find it" category.

But always good as others will have the same question.

Thanks for dumping your brain here ;)

You should also be able to use the following filters:

• equal to or later than
  • equal to or earlier than

Tahnks, Nils. equal worked, indeed.

I should mention that this only works in version 3 on Symphony 2.3 as far as I remember.

Hi guys,

I'm having a little trouble with the extension.

I'm using Symphony 2.3 and the most recent version of the extension. I've got a form in the front-end sendind data to a section that has the field, and I need the field to store the date when the entry is created.

I've checked the prepopulate option, tried send {$today} in a hidden field, even the timestamp, but nothing works. When I open the backend, I see just "No Dates" in my entries.

Can someone give me some help? Thanks!

Have you named your front-end date field correctly?
Something like fields[handle-of-your-field-here][start][].

Now it's working, @Nils! Thansk!

I guess it isn't in the field documentation, is it?

Oh, I'm not sure actually – I normally just copy the field name that a field is using in the backend itself.

Would it be possible to enable the input of dates in dd/mm/yyyy format (as opposed to mm/dd/yyyy)?

You just have change your system date to that format and it should work (at least when you are on PHP 5.3).

Amazing – that's been bugging me for ages; stupid of me not to have considered it. Thanks.

I'm having an issue using the DateTime extension in combination with the TinyMCE rich text formatter. The DateTime extension throws a javascript error and stops working. Is this a known issue?

TinyMCE in general is a known issue ;)

:D

I know... i'm working on a redactorjs extensions to replace it.

My answer has been more or less serious: there have been multiple issue with TinyMCE hijacking other fields inputs or textareas. This is most likely your issue here.

Dear,

I have symphony 2.3 + DateTime 3.06

When i add the Datasource Date and Time to my page i get the error: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xE7 0x6F 0x3C 0x2F in Entity, line: 57 My language is Portuguese, debug view: Mar?o

Is it possible to add some encoding?

Thanks in advance!

Does changing the file encoding solve the problem? I mean the encoding of your XSL-file?

Dear Nils, after upgrading to Symphony 2.3.1 und Date & Time 3.0.6 I get the following Error:

Fatal error: Declaration of fieldDatetime::prepareImportValue() must be compatible with that of ImportableField::prepareImportValue() in /…/extensions/datetime/fields/field.datetime.php on line 14

Any idea what’s wrong?

EDIT: Seems to be a 2.3.1rc Problem. Works in 2.3

Change line 925 in /extensions/datetime/fields/field.datetime.php as in this commit.