Search

Symphony CMS 2012 Boston Symposium

Further details and updates on the event page

Look over the agenda and please feel free to make comments on this thread!

I'm interested as I will be in NY from September 26 to October 17th this year. Somewhere in that timeframe would be pretty awesome ;)

I'm interested as I will be in NY from September 26 to October 17th this year. Somewhere in that timeframe would be pretty awesome ;)

Thank you for narrowing the dates for me! Early October people.

I might be able to attend :)

I might be able to attend :)

Do you have a preference within Brendan's dates? :)

Any time within Brendan's dates work fine for me, really.

I wanted to visit the USA for a long time. So planning a trip around the Symposium sounds perfect and the timeframe fits me.

I'm probably going to be at Oktoberfest in Munich but I'll Skype in inbetween hangovers.

I'm probably going to be at Oktoberfest in Munich but I'll Skype in inbetween hangovers.

If you are there before the 26th, I'll share that hangover with you :D

I live in Connecticut/New York and I would be interested in attending

This would be awesome, Mark. Thanks for organizing this. It's too early to say whether I can commit to attending, but I will definitely look into it.

I updated the original post and will keep it updated.

I live in Connecticut/New York and I would be interested in attending

That's great, it will be worth it!

This would be awesome, Mark. Thanks for organizing this. It's too early to say whether I can commit to attending, but I will definitely look into it.

I hope it works out for you, it would be a pleasure to meet you!

I guess that means I should take you out of the presentation lineup :-(

What sort of topics would people from the community like to see discussed? The preliminary agenda is just that, subject to change, and I want to make sure that Symphony CMS' core audience is not neglected.

If you've never been to Boston, here's a chance to see this historic part of America and get your geek on!

So are these dates definitely set?

I may be able to persuade my employer to send a couple of us designers/developers to the event. But I'd like to know if they are concrete.

September 28 to September 30 suit me the best. I just planned a 3500 mile road trip around them :D

I'm literally in the process now of confirming dates (most likely September 28, 29, 30) and I will have confirmed event dates sometime in the next two weeks.

I'll update things accordingly as soon as it is confirmed.

Okay, great.

As for the topics, it'd be nice if HTML5 boilerplate and its use with symphony would be nice.

I made a thread about it here http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/86892/

From what I have seen so far Symphony is a superb platform for agile and modern development. So covering HTML5 would be great

Not important.

Ladies, dudes and pets. Here's an update to the Boston event. I am motivated to make sure this year's event is done well as it's out first time we show our collective faces in the United States. A place where they speak a language that is suspiciously foreign yet questionably English.

I will definitely attend and will help Lewis get sponsors and make this year's event the biggest one yet. If you think you will be able to make it to the Boston event, please register!

Point your virtual fingers over here!