Search

It's a no go Brendo, too many projects on the go to take the time away. Sorry for false hoping :( will be on video chat during event though.

No worries, see you virtually!

So, today is the day :D

I'm looking forward to attending virtually. It would be great if the virtual attendees could also join in on some of the conversation through IRC, group chat, Twitter, Google Groups or whatever, if the Symposium is entertaining any of those options.

Can we agree on a hash tag for the Symposium? How about #sym2012?

Were y'all able to record Allen's "Setting up Symphony" demonstration that took place after the live stream ended?

Also, will the live stream be available for tomorrow's sessions???

Also, will the live stream be available for tomorrow's sessions???

Yes, we'll do our best.

@bzerangue I think we got something not sure about the quality but we'll need to encode first I guess. Also we might have missed some bits beginning/end but most of it we should have.

edit - seems like focus was not good... so spoils the thing... I'd suggest we get 1/2 similar proper tutorials up.

Thanks to everyone involved in planning, organizing, sponsoring, presenting and participating in a successful Symphony Symposium this year.

It was great to be able to have the option of being able to view live video streams and discuss and ask questions through the IRC channel (#symhpony on irc.freenode.net).

While there were some audio glitches and technical issues, I think the videos are going to be a valuable resource to the community:

Download the Symposium 2012 presentation by Johanna and Nils Hörrmann on the work they are doing on the Symphony Factory project, an easy-to-use HTML, CSS and JavaScript framework for a unified Symphony Network design.

Thanks Stephen for linking things up!

I would like to thank everyone for participating in this year's Symposium. We had our fair share of hiccups and Boston did not represent as expected, but overall it was a great success.

A big thanks to all who presented from the community: Allen, Aram, Jonas, Brendan, Jon, Johanna, & Nils.

Thank you Aram for helping organize this hoedown!

And a huge thanks to Soario for sponsoring the event!

On a personal note, it was really great to finally meet other community members in person. People whom I have interacted with over the many years. You are all class acts.

A big thanks to our organizers Mark Lewis and Aram David!!! Thanks y'all!!!

Big thanks to everybody. I had a great day and putting faces to names was excellent!

Same here really enjoyed the experience; and meeting the community behind symphony and learning how others use symphony every day.

Thanks guys for sorting out the live and on demand video feeds. It was great to catch up after the event. Hope to make the next one. Italy?

If you haven't checked it out yet, our Symposium 2012 event videos are now up! Check out the event page for links and info to the videos.

Also, we now have a proper YouTube channel! What tyranny and craziness will ensue in the future in the form of moving pictures and sound? Only time will tell...

Yes, we also have the Symphony Vimeo group.

Though, Google's Hangout on Air pushes its stream to YouTube. The Symposium lounge session turned out to be pretty successful, and I think future working group-like discussions can be conducted over Hangout in a similar fashion.