Search

I'm a real Symphony noob, and I'm sure this problem is easily fixable for a template expert... But I'm having a bit of a problem displaying uploaded images.

Images are correctly associated with articles when going to URLs like /article/entry. For example, if I associate one image with each article, I get one image per Entry page. But on my Home page, all uploaded images display with all articles regardless of associations specified through the backend.

I'm using Rev 4. Helpful thoughts anyone?

Take a look at this bug thread!

Firstly, walk us through what changes you have made to the default theme.

Looks like you have changed the limit of your article from one to many. The default theme only caters for pages with a single article.

If you want to change this behaviour you need to also change how images are displayed in your XSLT.

I suggest taking a look at the XML structure via the ?debug page and first understand how the 2 sections, articles and images are associated. Based on what you've learned, it will be easier to provide you the help you need to solve your particular problem.

Incidentally Michael, have you figured out how to use <xsl:key> to solve it?

Thanks, Michael. That looks like it will do the trick... at least while awaiting Allen's solution.

Allen, I have not found the time, because I am working on several important projects. I am glad if I can stay up-to-date here and on the bug tracker...

Allen, I haven't made any changes to the default template. I was a bit surprised, too, to see more than one article show up on the Home page. I just managed to repeat this behavior on a second install.

Furthermore, if I associate images with the default published article on a fresh install, they appear associated with the default draft article on the front end Publish admin interface.

Similarly they appear associated with that article when it's published and displayed on the home page... where it appears along with the previously published article.

As I said at first though, in the archives -- at articles/entry -- images are associated with the correct articles.

Sounds like a possible bug...

Anyone else seeing multiple articles on the homepage?

Allen, I just downloaded and installed a really fresh copy of V.2 and I'm getting the same behavior. Images associated with the default draft article appear on the front page even before the draft is published. (They're displayed below the first paragraph.)

Anyone else seeing multiple articles on the homepage?

Yes, me too. Also, all images are showing up on the home page, even if they are associated with different entries. And, the string of thumbnails is repeated for both articles that appear on the home page. I think this was mentioned above.

Yes, I have confirmed that the bug is in Beta Rev 4. Alistair must've been toying around with our rev copy and forgot to change the limit on the Homepage Article data source back to 1.

To fix the problem, simply go to:

Blueprints -> Components -> Homepage Article and change the limit to 1.

Okay, Allen, that fixes the multiple article problem on Page One.

But, we've still got the image display glitch, right? (Not sure if we're understanding each other.)

Allen, et.al, I think I've solved my problem. I discovered what Alistair suggested five days ago: The Homepage Article and Drafts Data Sources need a nudge. If you set the Output Option -> Parameter Output: Use Field dropdown menu to System ID and all the images display correctly on all pages... unless there is more than one article per page apparently.

Yes, that should've been fixed in Rev 4, I'm not sure why it didn't go through...