Search

Turns out that bauhouse is gonna be in seattle for An Event Apart. And I live there. Is anyone else going?

We should have a symphony meet & greet, and we could also introduce some people to Symphony along the way. Who's interested?

I might go to some of the after parties. I'll be moving to Seattle very soon but I won't have the money to pay for the conference. However, after parties are going to be a great way to network.

I was thinking about going, but hadn't yet confirmed. It's official now. Looking forward to it!

1) Are we just hanging out, or trying to get converts?

2) Where should we go? Downtown somewhere, close to p66?

1) Is it either/or? How about both: hanging out and trying to get converts? But hanging out sounds good.

2) You're going to need to help me out here. I don't get to Seattle very often. Pier 66 would be the logical place, if that's where the conference center is. We can probably combine it with the Mobile Social Seattle - it's a free meetup: meet, ride and party. I'll throw my bike in the vehicle and we can ride around with the MoSo crew.

In case this is helpful to anyone... save $100 on registration:

MoSo looks perfect. I'm always up for a keg.

Great! See you there.

I've got the vehicle ready to bring my bike down to Seattle. If you're looking for me at the MoSo or An Event Apart, here's what I look like. Hopefully, the rain will subside by tomorrow afternoon.

The meetup was a success. We chatted about Symphony, had some beer, met some people, and rode 14 miles (21ish K). I'm pretty sore today. :)

Awesome, thanks for the update :)

For the next Symphony meet up, we'll try and get the dev team there :)

Allen - That would be awesome. I’d be happy to buy the team a beer/tea/milkshake.

Put all three in a blender and you have yourself a deal!

I’d personally put them in my Slap Chop ;)

I have never seen a video with so much win!

East Coast baby!

Hey, @davethegr8. Thanks for the meet up. Hope the free beer made up for the sore legs.

It was a really good conference. And I’d love to do it again where there’s a greater representation from the Symphony community. I have to admit, I wasn’t entirely successful in my efforts to get the word out about Symphony. It was a very diverse group of people, and it seemed content strategy and user experience was a large focus over the technical development side of things. Bringing up Symphony just seemed a little off-topic.

I think @nickdunn is right about developer grunts on the ground spreading the word. I think I was able to interest the people beside me as I was developing a live build of a Symphony site while listening to the speakers. However, between my lack of multitasking skills, limited time and some spotty wi-fi nearing the end, I was only able to get so far.

Fluid grid systems seemed to be more on topic as many of the designers there recognized my work from Ethan Marcotte’s tiny footnote on his recent article on A List Apart. So, I’m still hoping I can hook people with the grid system, then demonstrate the benefits of Symphony and XSLT through rapid interactive prototyping and easily moving content modules around on a page.

I’m planning to continue the build and release it as an example of a full-featured blogging system, that can then be used as a basis for theming. That’s the plan, anyway. If anyone has some suggestions on the best way to go about this, let me know. You can see the current direction of the build here, which seeks to demonstrate Symphony’s ability to link content to meta data using the Select Box Link extension (I’m sticking to what I know here).