Search

This coming weekend, through the power of the Internet, we're holding a virtual event to get as many contributors as we can to help with the up-and-coming super-awesome gasp-inducing Symphony 2.3. You learn more about the event at the official Symphony Hackathon 2.3 page.

The event is open to all to join, so if you love Symphony and have a bit of spare time, please join us!

So here's a thought. Since I'll be stuck sitting in front of the computer during hackathon, I may as well expose myself a little.

I'm thinking on the day, we can use Google hangout and/or allow Skype call-ins on the day, which will be recorded and compiled as a hackathon audio recording.

This will only work if people are actually interested in participating....so, anyone?

Sad face - I'm at SXSW this year - not gonna be around for a hacking awesomeness :(

Being at SXSW should be a happy face.

I'm thinking on the day, we can use Google hangout and/or allow Skype call-ins on the day, which will be recorded and compiled as a hackathon audio recording.

I'm in, and I'll put on my sunday pants.

Yes please!

I'm in, and I'll put on my sunday pants.

No pants here, sir. :)

Any abandoned symphonists-extensions I can help with during the Hackathon?

Every one of the Symphonist extensions will need to be installed, tested and formally updated, so any assistance really appreciated! We've got a good migration guide going which is quite exhaustive... and I'm compiling my own list of common "gotchas" I'm discovering while I update my own (10-15 things I'm finding I'm doing for every extension). I'll post that tomorrow morning.

I'm in for the Google+ hangout (with pants on). What do we want to do about the default ensemble? Is that going to be part of the Hackathon?

@nickdunn But how do I know which extensions are already taken care of if nobody 'owns' them?

Stephen, am update to the default ensemble would be great! I think no one has touched it yet.

I'm not going to be around much on Sunday, but this is a great opportunity to get the extensions list of actions for symphonists looked at.

The core comes first though, but yes, these need to be done.

I won't go into detail about the list of things to be done, but I can on Sunday at some point.

@designermonkey: You will be late. It takes place tomorrow (Saturday)!

It's like my left and right...

Hackathon has commenced. For the next 15 hours, fingers will be slamming keyboard keys and eyeballs glistening with joy. Join us.

So the hackathon has ended. Thanks to all who participated! If you didn't get enough of the event, stay tuned for the special #hackathon event podcast, proudly brought to you by Yours Truly.

Thanks, Allen, for moderating this pretty exhausting event and making it feel so comfortable. It was a real pleasure to meet you and all the others.

The Hackathon podcast is cooked and ready to serve.

I spend 7 hours producing this podcast, longest one I've ever done and had great fun doing it.