Search

Hi Guys,

I have a custom datasource that is getting all the fields for a section and calling the appendFormattedElement function. As so;

$field->appendFormattedElement($entryXML, $entry->getData($field->get('id')), false, null, $entry->get('id'));

When it comes to a subsection manager field it causes this Fatal Error:

Fatal error: Class 'extension_subsectionmanager' not found in /symphony/extensions/subsectionmanager/fields/field.subsectionmanager.php on line 680

Anyideas what I might be doing wrong?

Have you tried adding that class to your custum DS? It's needed for caching.

Hi Nils,

Thanks for your reply.

If I "require_once(EXTENSIONS . '/subsectionmanager/extension.driver.php');" then I get the fatal error;

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in /symphony/extensions/subsectionmanager/fields/field.subsectionmanager.php on line 684

What I am basically trying to do it get the xml that a normal DS would output for the subsection manager. I thought the 'appendFormattedElement' would be the right thing to use.

Thanks for your time mate!

http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/83270/2/#position-36

You probably found this solution Vaughan, but for anybody else on the trail, this eliminates the non-object error.

However, associated subsections are not output in full. Rather a reference to them by ID is added to the XML. At least this is the case when using SymQL to make custom data sources.

Actually, just realised the solution I linked to above breaks functionality of Subsection Manager. Since making the change, associated subsections weren't being shown in some normal situations.