Search

Hello! So I got my form that stores the result in a section, and it works. But as soon as I add the three lines

<input name="send-email[subject]" value="New row in section" type="hidden" />
<input name="send-email[body]" value="fields[sent-date]" type="hidden" />
<input name="send-email[recipient]" value="mail@mail.com" type="hidden" />  

I get the error

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/website/symphony/lib/toolkit/events/event.section.php on line 248

Can I not send email and store in form at the same time?

Secondly, is there a way I can concatenate all the form values into the body of the email?

(sym 2.2.5)

thanks! J

From what I recall, it is only possible to send email to your users with the standard form, to prevent spam sent by your website. Try repacing mail@mail.com with your username.

I believe it is possible to concatenate the form values, but if you want more control over the email itself, I would recommend using the ETM or ETF to send email. They allow you to create your own email template, so you don't need to send the (ugly) default email to your clients.

username!, that worked.

the mail can look like anything, it goes to an administrator, not to clients.

tx

@creativedutchmen

Hi, could you elaborate on what you mean by ETM/ETF? I'm looking to get a slightly more bespoke email template, just because it'll be responded to directly (so will end up in the senders email). Nothing fancy, just the removal of the standard text would do to be honest, as I'm feeding the message body into the email body anyway.

(This is for a contact form, just to add context)

could you elaborate on what you mean by ETM/ETF?

I recommend Email Template Manager. Checkout 2.3.x branch.

ETF is Email Template Filter.

Ace, thanks!