Search

I've recently moved some sites to a Linode 512/Ubuntu 10.04 and thought I'd try my hand at Nginx. I basically followed Mark Hesketh’s set up. The rules from nginx rewrite seem to be working well, but my JIT images and CSS and JS compressed with the SFC extension are not. JIT images return "Internal Server Error" and SFC resources return "Not Found".

I'm new to server admin, so I'm not sure where to begin. Perhaps I missed some dependencies when setting up my server? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I've made some progress, but have not solved all of my issues.

The solution for Static Files Compressor was simple enough, by updating the rule from .htaccess:

### STATIC FILES COMPRESSOR BEGIN REWRITE
RewriteRule ^.*/SFC.([a-z]+)$ extensions/static_files_compressor/lib/compress.php?mode=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
### STATIC FILES COMPRESSOR END

to Nginx:

### STATIC FILES COMPRESSOR
rewrite ^.*/SFC.([a-z]+)$ /extensions/static_files_compressor/lib/compress.php?mode=$1 last;

For JIT Image Manipulation, I finally thought to check the error log and found the following:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function curl_init() in /srv/www/example.com/public_html/extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/class.image.php on line 215

so I installed cur with sudo apt-get install php5-curl, after which the error was:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /srv/www/example.com/public_html/extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/class.image.php on line 93

After Googling around a bit I thought that sudo apt-get install php5-gd would fix it, but after restarting Nginx and FastCGI I'm still receiving the undefined imagecreatefromjpeg error.

I realize this is now more Ubuntu troubleshooting than Symphony, so I'll post on those forums, but if anyone can assist I'd still appreciate any suggestions.

Try sudo apt-cache search libjpeg, installing one/some (e.g. libjpeg8) and restarting FastCGI and Nginx.

Thank you David! libjpeg62 was already installed, but sudo apt-get install libjpeg-progs took care of it.