Search

I did submodule updates.

/extensions/sym_requirejs/assets/require.js only contains requirejs/require.js, is that right.

hm, thats weird. In the assets folder, there should be plenty of symlinks linking to these files:

• domReady.js
  • i18n.js
  • order.js
  • require.js
  • text.js

these files originally recede inside of the requirejs folder.

the only two important files for filemanager to work are require.js and text.js

Thats basically the same for sym_backbonejs

I just did a clean symphony installation, installed all requirements including the submodule updates and all worked.

@proyb2: as you mentioned here

unfortunately the required submodules won't be included in the zip.archives and tarballs

Great! Download it right, probably you could add git init in your README, useful for newbie who has no experience with Git.

I still getting problem with some JS files which requirejs/require.js is not valid, what do you advice?

Lets see.

In your javascript console type require. If require.js is loaded, it returns a function string, otherwise it throws an error. If you're sure require is not loaded, go to the extensions/sym_requirejs/assets directory and check if there's a folder called requirejs and if this folder is populated. Also check if there are symlinks inside of assets which point to all .js files inside of requirejs. If this is not the case, cd to extensions/sym_requirejs and type git submodule update --init. Do the same for sym_backbonejs.

If none of this works out for you, grab sym_requirejs and sym_requirejs from my server.

If none of this works out for you, grab symrequirejs and symrequirejs from my server.

That got rid of the requirejs error, not sure why github didn't work. I still get the following in init.js line 1:

b is not a function

hm, according to the current commit b is require.

(function(a, b, c, d) {
  …
})(this, this.require, this.define, this.Symphony)

meaning require is still not loaded. Can you check if init.js is loaded before after require.js?

/extensions/sym_requirejs/assets/require.js is empty and comes before /extensions/filemanager/assets/js/init.js.

so /extensions/sym_requirejs/assets/require.js does not exist?

Just to be absolutely sure: can you try this:

1. uninstall requirejs and backbone
  2. from symphony root dir type git rm -r --cached extensions/sym_requirejs and git rm -r --cached extensions/sym_backbonejs
  3. remove both directories
  4. reinstall both extensions:
  5. in your smyphony root directory: git submodule add git://github.com/iwyg/sym_requirejs extensions/sym_requirejs --recursive

6. Change to extensions/sym_requirejs and type git submodule update --init;

7. do the same for sym_backbonejs

8. reinstall both extensions

I'm so sorry that this is making so much trouble. But as I mentioned earlier, I did some test installation an it almost worked out of the box.

I'm getting this, don't think it's me, don't know...

Submodule 'assets/requirejs' () registered for path 'assets/requirejs'
fatal: Not a git repository: ../../C:/Users/Mark/Clients/delewis/delewis.com/Web/.git/modules/extensions/sym_requirejs/modules/assets/requirejs
Unable to find current revision in submodule path 'assets/requirejs'

git did not exit cleanly (exit code 1)

Also, I'm not sure git is saving the symbolic links correctly.

I see, you are on a windows machine, right?

Well, quick fix: copy assets/requirejs/require.js to assets/require.js and do the same for the backbonejs extension.

I see, you are on a windows machine, right?

Correct.

So… I just replaced all symlinks in sym_requirejs and sym_backbonejs with plain file copies. Think this will save some headache. Just grab the latest commits.

good, problem gone but all I can see is 3 subtitles in Article page (using the Symphony blog example). Tested on Windows 7.

filemanager
(a blank space)
Selected files
(a blank space)
Filebrowser
(a blank space)

which browser? Does the console show any errors?

You should omit the closing ?>. I got errors on backbonejs and requirejs:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /extensions/sym_requirejs/extension.driver.php:62)

thank you for the advice. There is accidentally some blanks at he end of the document. Will fix that asap.

I had the same experience as proyb2:

filemanager (a blank space) Selected files (a blank space) Filebrowser (a blank space)

Didn't work, no errors, all submodules loaded.