Search

This new problem, I concur.

on which browser does this occur? I know it sounds strange, but i can't confirm any of this. Just thrown on a windows machine.

which browser?

Safari.

ok, some idea. Can you tell me what the regexp for ignore files on the Preference page looks like? It should say ^\..* by default. The default one from beta 1.1 was broken an looked like /(^\..*)/i. This would break directory listing.

I use Google Chrome.

-

pardon?

filemanager (a blank space) Selected files (a blank space) Filebrowser (a blank space)

I also have this problem after applying all the fixes. I'm using Google Chrome and the ignore files is set to what it should be on the preference page.

Quick update: Same problem occurs in IE9 and Opera 11.62.

Ok, got that. Don't think its a browser related issue. There must be something wrong while fetching the directory listings.

The only thing I can think of what actually could cause this is a broken default regex fragment or that the destination directory is not readable.

When Filemanager is initializing there are basically two request:

1. fetch settings (url should look like http://yoursite.com/symphony/extension/filemanager/settings/?field_id=123)
  2. fetch directories (url should look like http://yoursite.com/symphony/extension/filemanager/listing/?field_id=123)

Both requests should return a JSON String. That you can see filemanager (a blank space) Selected files (a blank space) Filebrowser (a blank space) indicates, that the first request was success full at least.

I really want to help with this so please can you tell me what the responses for both requests look like?

Update:

chances are, your php installation is runnig without PECL extension. There's a Class that makes use of finfo_file to determine mime types.

I'll try to fix this for the next release.

Rock on for supporting your release!

Could be right, I'm running XAMPP with LibXML enabled.

I got undefined function with the test code

<?php
$finfo = finfo_open(FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE); // return mime type ala mimetype extension
foreach (glob("*") as $filename) {
    echo finfo_file($finfo, $filename) . "n";
}
finfo_close($finfo);
?>

you can try replacing getMimeType method in filemanager/libs/class.directorytools.php with this one:

public static function getMimeType(&$file) {
    if (function_exists('finfo_open')) {
        return finfo_file(finfo_open(FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE), $file);
    } 

if (function_exists('mime_content_type')) {
        return mime_content_type($file);
    }

return 'application/octet-stream';
    }

Replaced. I suppose that's a temporary workaround? I still don't see any new changes except the same issue.

To clarify, I was testing my code in #52 post outside Symphony CMS.

this is a patch that will make probably make it in the next release. Needs some more testing though.

As I mentioned earlier, can you post both responses you get when filemanager is initializing?

No error was throw, would it be nice to get your code debug with FirePHP on Firefox so I can tested on?

You can look up responses in web inspector (webkit/chrome). Go to the network tab, (enable it if necessary). If its blanc, reload the page. Look for two post responses that look like the both mentioned above.

Meanwhile you can also try the current development release (dev 1.3):

cd to filemanager extension directory and type:

git checkout development

In symphony, go to system->extensions, select filemanager and choose enable/install.

You should see now that dev 1.3 is installed instead of beta 1.2

Finally, an error surface, the same error occurred on both beta 1.2 and dev 1.3.

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined function posix_getgrgid() in <b>C:xampphtdocsxamppsymphonyextensionsfilemanagerlibclass.directorytools.php</b> on line <b>89</b><br />

I believe most hosting would disable for security sake.

in dev 1.3 line 89 is a comment :).

You probably also should do a git pull and git fetch to get the latest dev version, though posix commands possibly won't work on windows machines

Just applied a quick fix, so check out the latest development commit

Guess we break this down on 'most trouble caused on windows php installations'?.