Search

Filemanager updated to version beta 1.3.2 on 19th of April 2012

Filemanager updated to version 1.0.0 on 25th of April 2012

I merged the most changes I made for the symphony 2.3 compatible version into version 1.0.0.

This is a major update as it includes:

• multiple field instances
  • filesearch view
  • selections can now be reordered
  • selection view can now be displayed in two different modes (preview and compact)
  • design changes

Error handling should now be a little bit more verbose. Feel free to try it. 2.3 compatible version is on the dev2.3 tree

Please report bugs to the issues page

Filemanager updated to version 1.0.1 on 9th of May 2012

Filemanager updated to version 1.0.2 on 10th of May 2012

Guess no one's up to, but anyway: there was a major (incredibly stupid) bug that messed up fileuploading. Just fixed it with the latest commit.

@iwyg — why is this extension called "FileManager"? It seems to share little functionality with the original extension, and provides a different field-oriented service. I'd suggest that including the word "field" in the name of this extension might reduce some confusion (and be clearer as to the intent).

NB: I actually really miss the old FileManager extension — I had it deployed in a number of sites. I guess I'll have to shelve it when Symphony 2.3 hits :(

Or update it ;o)

I really don't know the "original extension" nor was it my intension intension to create its successor. According to its description it provided pretty much the same functionality as my extension, except it's not field-based. So what exactly is the difference?

The original file manager was a standalone (as in, it sits under its own area in the admin) extension that allows the backend user also upload files to the workspace directory.

The main difference is that your extension has tight coupling between an entry and associated files, whereas the original file manager was a general purpose file browser and did not associate files with entries.

The extension isn't actively maintained and fairly limited in functionality.

Hm, given It'd be possible to deactivate file-selection you can use this pretty much standalone, e.g within a static section.

The old extension isn't likely to be updated to work with 2.3, so it's great that your extension is taking helm and pushing file management forward!

Filemanager updated to version 1.0.3 on 16th of May 2012

This extension looks very cool!

I've been trying to make it work on a fresh 2.3 install but on entry creation I get a 404 error for url /symphony/extension/filemanager/settings/?field_id=2 in firebug.

Grats you broke it. :)

Seems like you find a bug. I'll check this. Report update soon.

[edit:] can you check if /symphony/extension/filemanager/settings/ returns an empty json string []? I just updated a fresh symphony install to RC3 an did a clean install of filemanager and all seems to be fine.

Nope, tried installing again and it still returns 404, no json response at all :/

hm, now thats weird.

can you try /symphony/extension/filemanager/listing/ and /symphony/extension/filemanager/edit/ (this should give you an {"STATUS_ERROR":{"error":"can't proceed"}}) as well.

If theres still an 404, there's probably something wrong with the jsonPage class or may be the contents folder is missing?. Are you on the master branch? Which Symphony 2.3 Version you are using?

All pages you mention return 404. I'm using symphony 2.3 checked out from the latest commit on the integration branch. content/ folder is fine. Don't know what's going wrong here, anything I can do to test it out please le me know :)

Just to be sure, can you grab the attached test extension and install it? Then go to symphony/extension/contenttest/test/. It should print {"test":"ok"}.

Attachments:
contenttest.zip

This works fine.

Thats Good. Just to narrow this down, can you copy content.test.php form contenttest/content/ to filemanager/content/content.test.php and visit /symphony/extension/filemanager/test/. This should probably work.

I guess there's some trouble going on in content.settings.php. You may also change line 23 form GenericExceptionHandler::$enabled = false; to GenericExceptionHandler::$enabled = true;. May be this will output the possible error.