Search

Spotted the problem. When querying the database you have hardcoded the sym_ prefix while you should use t bl_ (remove the space, the forum would replace it with sym otherwise) and let symphony replace it with the prefix choosen during installation.

In deed. Just committed a fix. Thanks for finding my bugs :)

It works now, I'll test it in the next few days as it seems to have a lot of features.

By the way, I'd love to see some lang.it.php:)

*vanish*

Hi, I've installed Filemanager ext for Sym 2.2.5. The installation works good but when i create a Section with Filemanager field I've got this PHP Fatal Error:

Unknown column 'filter_xpath' in 'field list'

this error regards the field option "Filter by XPath".

Can you help me pls?!

Thank'you, Davide.

p.s. I've attached two images.

Attachments:
Schermata 2012-05-17 a 10.08.16.png and Schermata 2012-05-17 a 10.12.42.png

Thats my fault. This feature is not completely implemented yet. Seems like I messed up some of the last commits for 2.2.x. I just fixed it. Sorry for this.

I've download the new extension per 2.2.5.

After I create the field and setting the parameters, I click Save and it returns the same problem:

"Unknown column 'filter_xpath' in 'field list' An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query"

Someone have tried to do this?!

Thank you Davide

Thanks for reporting, its fixed now. (Promise!)

Great work!

Thank's, Davide

Wow, thanks for the wonderful extension, you've basically just saved my ass!

I have one (small) feature request though: multiple selection. I am asking my clients to upload photos for their photoalbum in a separate folder for each album, and selecting the photos from there. So far so good, but if they upload 100 images, they then have to select those images one by one to make them appear.

So you are suggesting that uploaded files should be selected automatically?. Or more like sleeting multiple files while pressing the shift key?

Sorry for the confusion: I would like to be able to select multiple entries by holding the shift button.

Guess that's a good point. Noted

[EDIT:] I just fiddled around started adding this. Committed changes to the master tree since I don't know if I'll integrate new features on the 2.2.x release branch.

If you want to test it on a 2.2.x release, you may check out dev/js/views/view_directories.js and dev/js/collections/col_directories.js from master and make your own build.

Thanks so much for this, I will be testing it in the next few days (when the tight deadlines are over).

Thomas, I've got another annoying problem, but I don't really know if it is my fault or not: I have two instances of the FileManager in the same section: one to select images for a slideshow, the other to select the thumbnail image.

Both managers will get their data from the same folders, I know this isn't best practice but it's the only way for me at this moment.

Now, when I go to the publish page, only one of the two instances is actually loaded, the other one will be idling with the load animation running forever. If I refresh a few times the roles change: if the thumb was loaded, and the slideshow wasn't, then after a few reloads the slideshow would load and the thumb would be idling.

Because of this I am suspecting this to be a JS issue, which I am not really fluent in. I am on Sym2.2.5, with version 1.0.1.1 of your (great) extension. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

After digging around a bit more, I found the following warning in the console:

Uncaught setting max_file_size already defined

This function is called in main.js unfortunately the JS is minified, so the line number does not really make sense..;)

Update: After removing the uploading from one of the two instances, both load instantly. I'd love to investigate this further, but the minification of the JS is making things very hard for me (I've tried to include the dev versions, but without success).

ok, thanks for reporting. I can confirm this. I'll check this asap. The error is thrown in js/collections/col_upload.js which inherits form js/collections/col_general.js. If you wan't to integrate the dev versions just rename or move the assets folder and link or copy dev to assets (if you are on a unix machine, just execute dev.sh)

Update: because sleeping is for girls I had a quick look, and man, thanks for this, I found a huge foobar. The upload collection returned a instance instead of a contractor (and therefor was unique, hence the error).

I just committed a fix on both, master and 2.2.x

Update: good night

Nice, thank you so much!

I am currently using this great extension for a photoalbum, and now that shift-select is actually working, my client is very happy with it. edit: Shit. I forgot I had 2.3 installed locally. I have not been able to get shift-select to work on 2.2.5. Is there a possibility of adding this, pretty please? 2.2.5 is the last stable release at this moment, and even though 2.3 is very stable, not all extensions are, so I'd rather stick to 2.2.5 for clients for a little while.

The only problem now (I know this is by design, and very hard to solve!) is that it is not possible to paginate or filter the photo's in the datasource.

Now, I have looked at the database, and it looks as if every uploaded file is actually an entry like the normal upload field, so theoretically it should be possible to trick a datasource into thinking it was a normal section, right? Have you ever encountered a usecase like this?

Now, I have looked at the database, and it looks as if every uploaded file is actually an entry like the normal upload field, so theoretically it should be possible to trick a datasource into thinking it was a normal section, right? Have you ever encountered a usecase like this?

sure, but I think this can be easily achieved by a custom DS.

I have not been able to get shift-select to work on 2.2.5. Is there a possibility of adding this, pretty please?

If you're on a *nix machine, this should work:

from within extensions/filemanager do a git checkout master dev/js/collecions/col_directories.js and a git checkout master dev/js/views/view_directories.js, then got to dev and hit build.sh