Search

sure, but I think this can be easily achieved by a custom DS.

Of course, I was just thinking out loud. The reason for me to ask is because this might solve the biggest fundamental problem/difficulty with inline editors: do you use another section (SSM), or do you create all the filtering/sorting/limiting logic yourself?

If it were possible to trick Symphony into thinking the files uploaded by the Filemanager are in a separate section, then Symphony can do all the heavy lifting by itself.

Anyway, I know that is way out of scope, but to me it is an interesting thought.

hit build.sh

Ah. I've been calling dev.sh which didn't do it for me. I'll check it out, thanks.

then Symphony can do all the heavy lifting by itself.

This would be great in deed.

Ah. I've been calling dev.sh which didn't do it for me. I'll check it out, thanks.

yea, dev.sh is just a lazy mans shortcut for unlinking assets and symlinking dev->assets :)

Hi, I need quite help. I have installed filemanager extension and all required for it (requirejs + backbonejs). Problem is in adding files and content. When I want to add file i get only image of updating little clock and nothing more happens. Could it be possible to help or is there something i should do another way ? I am using symphony 2.3

Screenshot is in attachement.

Attachments:
filemanager.png

Could be a lot that's been going wrong in this case. First check the javascript console of your browser. There should be some error output in your case.

After that, you may check if http://yoursite.com/symphony/extension/filemanager/settings/?field_id=your_field_id and http://yoursite.com/symphony/extension/filemanager/listing/?field_id=your_field_id return a valid JSON string. (replace yoursite.com with your actual site and your_field_id with the actual field_id of course)

Filemanager updated to version 1.0.5 on 4th of June 2012

Hi, thanks for reply. I solved all by reinstalling symphony completelly and with extensions. All is nice working now. I will make update to new version also...

Glad to hear this, though I'd like to know what caused your trouble. Well, we'll never know

I have another question. Is somehow possible to include images from filemanager field to CKeditor (its filebrowser) ??? Or how to include images(for example) uploaded by filemanager to content of textareas - some easyway ? Main thing is that my clients who are editing and creating content want some easy form of including images to text

Is there a way to list the files and folders by name?

@kngzero not at this time, but I've considered this for one of the next releases.

@wyrm CKeditors' file browser doesn't work for me (Symphony 2.3) so I can't definitely say 'no', but I guess it wouldn't work since filemanager doesn't store one entry per file but one entry per selected files.

Hi, I have a question for this extension. Is there the possibility to visualize also a url of each image in filemanager?

what exactly do you mean with "visualize a url"?

It would be nice a image preview on sections entries list. When the entry has more than 3 photos, the row could show 3 thumbs and the text "and + 4 files"

@iwyg, how easy would it be to paginate the attached documents/images in a filemanager field in the XML output?

Unless you paginate items in your xslt, it is not possible right now since items are not stored as separate entries. Since FM2 is in the making (well, sort of) you are welcome to file a feature request on github.

Major changes for now:

• Refactoring JS MVC stuff
  • Refactoring Rest API
  • Standalone filemanager(s)
  • Instant file renaming
  • Improved file information handling

Ok thanks for info.

I may just drop a note on github. It would be a nice little feature me thinks. Limiting output in each filemanager xml output to 10 entries and having pagination on the entry/file count (If it's possible).

May have to resort to XSLT pagination for now and lazy load the pics for rendering speed.

Thanks for making this extension by the way. It is awesome.

I just wanted to chime in to say thanks for this extension. It's simple, clean, easy to use and works fantastically - not a bad word to say about it.

Compare that to some other file browsers you get in the CMS world that's really saying something.

So thanks for your hard work.

Got with upload a "file type not allowed" for (just) a jpg. Same time got a 400 bad request from jquery.

Same for other filetypes. Local xampp installation.

Compliments btw, awesome filemanager.

EDIT: solved. Didn't read that good about local windows installation. Enabling php_fileinfo.dll in php.ini did the trick

If your configuration is set up properly, you may experience this issue. This would also explain the 400 bad request error.