Search

Is it recommend to use cachelite and datasourcecache together?

In real scenario where the users will browse through a lot of pages thru pagination (classified site as an example), not sure if it an ideal to use datasourcecache which does caching the whole data from the table or part of it by pages? Will be appreciate to advice what is the best way to improve user experience.

Anyone has a good experience with either extensions or have use other kind of caching mechanism like memcache?

I have used cacheabledatasource/datasourcecache to cache my data - this is because I tend to use the same data in various pages. Results are good if you XSLT is optimized and not too complex it should be enough. If you use pagination & your data-source is set-up correctly the cache will only be done for your xml with current parameters.

The original one cachabledatasource by nick dunn saves to file whilst dbdatasourcecache saves to db (due to my current server infrastructure) other than that they are pretty much the same. Cachelite caches each page output separately - so if you show the page differently to different users it might not be the option you would like to use.

Is it recommend to use cachelite and datasourcecache together?

I would choose just one, there is little benefit to using the two together.

Both mechanisms will cache the data by page — CacheLite will cache the entire rendered HTML of each paginated page, whereas Cacheable Datasource will cache the XML output of that single data source for each pagination page. If you've got a lot of other data sources on the page that you also want to cache, then caching the entire page with CacheLite makes sense. Otherwise I'd just cache the data source — it's less obtrusive on other page elements.

That's a nice idea for both ways without using memcache.

I was thinking how is it possible in the future to have Symphony CMS using multiple vendors database through PHP PDO especially when vendors is asking to replace MongoDB over MySQL.

Hacking and replace the MySQL query in Symphony will be a huge effort for a small team.

That's a nice idea for both ways without using memcache.

It's worth noting that in the future we hope to add "cache providers" to Symphony, so if you want to store your caches into APC or memcache, or to disk, or to the database, you can configure it to do so. This will give those with memcache available to them the ability to use it, and fall back to other caching methods if memcache is not available.

was thinking how is it possible in the future to have Symphony CMS using multiple vendors database through PHP PDO

PDO isn't the solution for multiple database vendors, but has been discussed here and here.

I feel more assure it has vast amount of power to unleash.