============================================
Log Created: 2012-05-29T16:40:11-07:00
============================================
Symphony Log
Opened:  2012-05-29T16:40:11-07:00
Version: 2.2.5
Domain:  atheycreek
--------------------------------------------
Could not complete upgrading. MySQL returned: 1146: MySQL Error (1146): Table 'atheycreek.sym_entries_data_96' doesn't exist in query: DESC `sym_entries_data_96` `date`
29 May 2012 16:40 > Notice: Updater - Migration to 2.3 was unsuccessful

Here is a dump of my MySQL. I am upgrading from 2.2.5 to 2.3

Thoughts?

You will need new passwords, because you published your author table. Cracking the password hashes is a matter of time, theoretically.

Apart from that, I can't say what went wrong. Indeed your dump does not include the table which is mentioned in the error. A search for entries_data_96 returns no results.

Indeed your dump does not include the table which is mentioned in the error.

Right, why does it need that table? I'll add an empty table if needed, I just need to upgrade otherwise we're locked in 2.2.5 forever.

why does it need that table?

Well, you who should know this. Is this table in your original database? Try and solve it systematically. Adding an empty table won't fix anything.

The _fields_date table has a reference to a Date field with the ID of 96. It looks like this field has since been deleted, but the table was not cleaned up correctly. Removing that row from the _fields_date table will resolve the issue.

Oh, and like @michael-e said, be sure to reset all your passwords, that's Authors and Members. You'll need to update the salt for the Member Password field as well as this is now exposed (directly via SQL). I've removed the link to the dump for you.

Thank you! We'll be sure to change the salt and passwords, I just didn't know where the error resided. @brendo, that fixed it! Thank you!