Search

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Symphony and having recently completed the online tutorials I now have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to change the default Symphony login page?
  2. Can I remove the title 'Symphony' and insert something of my own and change the CSS?
  3. Can I login using a custom URL e.g. www.mydomain.com/mylogin?

I would appreciate any help and advice regarding these questions.

Many thanks to the team for creating a great CMS!

Kind regards,

Graham

Is there a way to change the default Symphony login page?

No, it's hard coded.

Can I remove the title 'Symphony' and insert something of my own and change the CSS?

Title can be changed in /manifest/config.php. Admin CSS Override to change CSS (not 2.3 compatible).

Can I login using a custom URL e.g. www.mydomain.com/mylogin?

In the future I believe, not yet.

Is there a way to change the default Symphony login page?

Do you mean the login page itself, or the page that the user sees after they've logged in? If the latter, it can be adjusted per user in the Author settings.

Can I login using a custom URL e.g. www.mydomain.com/mylogin?

As Lewis says, not currently. But it is being worked on.

Title can be changed in /manifest/config.php

That has no effect on the login page, AFAIK.

Hi, thanks to everyone for the help and advice!

Just to clarify what I mean by the 'login page', please see my attached file.

It's not that I don't like the login page, I do, but I was just wondering if I could have my own branding on there. :)

Thanks again!

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 15.22.26.png

That has no effect on the login page, AFAIK.

Correct, it's hard-coded. I assumed he was referring to the website title, top left.

It's not that I don't like the login page, I do, but I was just wondering if I could have my own branding on there. :)

Not recommended but you'd need to change line 52 in /symphony/content/content.login.php.

Well, it is obviously possible to modify the login form in a separate extension. For example this small snippet changes the "Login" text of the <button /> in just a few lines.

ha-ha-ha, thanks @phoque :)) I have no idea why I didn't think about AdminPagePreGenerate before ... I always changed /symphony/content/content.login.php.

Well, it is obviously possible to modify the login form in a separate extension. For example this small snippet changes the "Login" text of the in just a few lines.

Doh! I forgot about the global admin delegates when I was looking at content.login.php. Thanks for correcting me.

I'm completely lost now! :)

I think I'll leave it just as it is as I have don't have enough knowledge using PHP. If I start changing files that I'm not familiar with I may create more damage than good!

Thanks again for the advice!

G.

If I start changing files that I'm not familiar with I may create more damage than good!

By using extensions you don't have to change anything. But yeah, familiarize yourself with Symphony first before diving into polishing stuff. :-)