Search

Hi, i do not know where put this question, but I am very interested to link by data or with platform API service on issuu.com

Does anybody have some idea how to do it ?????

There are some links: issuu.com and platform.issuu.com

Thanks very much for some answers.

The scope of your question will mostly depend on what exactly you are looking to do between Symphony and Issuu.

But generally speaking, the Issuu API works with JSON, so the first thing you'll need would be a way to send and retrieve JSON data from the Issuu API and convert it to XML. Thankfully, there's support for that in PHP.

If you're fetching data from Issuu, then you would want to put the remote fetching logic in a customised data source. A good way to understand customising data sources that fetch from a remote location is to look at the dynamic data source type. Create an example data source and just dig into the code to learn how it works.

If you're submitting data to Issuu, then you would want to put the submission logic in a customised event. A good way to understand this (similar to data sources) is to create an example one and examine it.

But generally speaking, the Issuu API works with JSON, so the first thing you'll need would be a way to send and retrieve JSON data from the Issuu API and convert it to XML. Thankfully, there's support for that in PHP.

Also in 2.3, the Remote DataSource type natively supports JSON.

Yes, good point.

Also, something I will be doing at some point, is that datasource Providers can be used to create custom API datasources with a custom UI and API logic.

Hi, I very thank for your answers. I am working on web where my customer wants to present some data in a way issuu.com does. Data are in form of educational notebook - smartnotebook which stores data from interactive board "SmartBoard". Main idea is to secure data just only to view not to download. Web is prepared in symphony 2.3 and is now in some sort of progress. I really would like to integrate that issuu.com technology to display data - so it appears that I can first embedd their solution. It depends on customer later if there will be need of full integration.