Search

Wow, what a night – our inbox is full of PayPal notifications. Thanks for the additional donations! Those of you who donated twice will receive two copies of Factory ;)

Does it come in steel case directors cut special edition with deleted CSS / images?

You're cool guys!
Multiple donations seem to be the new black. Thanks!

Does it come in steel case directors cut special edition with deleted CSS / images?

There will be hidden CSS rules :)
And some bonus files.

I want 3D!

Ahh I love that Boilerplate it's so cutting edge my eyes are bleeding!

Can we get Terry Gilliam to do the DVD commentary on the special features?

Make it based on HTML9 Responsive Boilerstrap JS.

Hello? I thought it already was? (At the time of writing, this is the only way to make it cross-universe compatible.)

Donated ! and stoked :D

Okay, let's start with the first steps:
The history of Symphony websites.

I really miss the old factory.

Well, given the name of this project … :)

We decided not to use our blogs but to post questions, ideas and stuff on Github directly.
First round: Colour Scheme – feedback and opinions are welcome.

Hi, I also donated. I know symphony from 1.7 and I really like this project and using it where it is possible.

Symphony Factory is very nice and valuable project for me

Nils Looking forward to the end product :) Very interesting with the history and stuff, quite some research you're putting in :)

The thing is: I remember all the designs. I'm getting old as it seems ;)

Nils asked on Twitter:

("Shall Factory bundle all extensions and the planned SSO?")

To clarify a few things:

• Symphony Factory will not be a Symphony ensemble, it will just offer HTML, CSS and JavaScript that can be included in each project individually.
  • The idea is to integrate Symphony Factory with the new default workspace using a different colour scheme. The workspace, of course, is an ensemble.
  • Network login and content will most likely be provided by an official extension (also bundling a remote Data Source that loads all network links from the main site).

If it wasn't for the diligent community members, all this wonderful archive would've been lost. I'm notoriously bad at keeping old backups. So thanks, Nils for having the foresight in capturing all the past designs!

Here's an icon concept from an idea I had a while back. The idea was to convey Symphony as a CMS framework that provides building blocks.

http://drbl.in/eZGs

alt text

Here's another concept building off the same idea.

http://drbl.in/eZHB

alt text

I also think it looks good with the tails of the "S" short and a little bit so that it doesn't have the appearance of slanting forward. Anyways, I figured I would get some feedback before messing around too much more.