Search

You guys are really crazy.

I'm jammed with work for the foreseeable future and I just learned that my schedule won't work so well with a trip to Boston. So, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Symphony Symposium this year, although I will try to attend virtually. So, in lieu of travelling to Boston, I thought I should support the Symphony Factory project. I'm looking forward to integrating the Symphony Factory design into xpathr.com.

:)

I think we might have reached the goal... and beyond!

Woop woop. Beer time.

great!!! any plans when factory will be ready to use? is there a release date?

And … we are rolling!!! Okay, so we've actually been working on Factory these last few days already, but thanks to Steven's very generous donation - as well as everyone else's hard earned money! - we have officially reached our goal.

Thank you SO much, I think it's incredible proof for this fantastic community that a project setup like this is indeed possible.

So as I've said, work has already begun - and will continue on Monday :) You are all very welcome to participate in the discussions on GitHub and Twitter and generally check out how everything is coming along. A of the release date, we won't give a specific date but are working hard to deliver Factory as soon as possible!

I just posted a screenshot on Twitter that I wanted to share here as well with a few annotations:

Symphony Factory Grid

Factory will bundle a visual grid debugger for network site developers that can be toggled using a few simple keyboard shortcuts:

• g will show or hide the main grid (blue) including the modules (white), gutters (pink) and the optical margin alignment (yellow)
  • b will show or hide the baseline grid (horizontal lines)
  • c will show or hide columns (none in the screenshot)
  • l will show or hide the columns' and fields' classes (none in this screenshot)

All features will be available as soon as factory.grid.js is included in a page.

Nice. I've used a visual baseline overlay for the first time recently, and it's certainly useful.

Will the grid be able to be made to respond to different viewport sizes?

Yes, it will adjust responsively.
But that's not in the repo yet.

fantastic!

@Nils and @Johanna - beautiful work!!!

Still a long way to go, but things are evolving:

Factory Header

There is code as well:

Factory Code

Nils, this is looking great! And nice work on the Symphony flavoured syntax highlighting.

This is great.

Mmmmm, rubs tighs in anticipation of Factory's arrival :) tasty stuff guys/gals :-)

This looks great! I can't wait to see the end result.

It has been quiet here over the last two weeks, so I just wanted to give you an update about the current status: things have slowed down on our side because the whole Hörrmann family has a touch of the flu at the moment and – while recovering from that – we are preparing to move house next week.

So while things are on hold at the moment, we think we have an answer to the most interesting question for you:

When will Factory be released?

Our plan is to provide a first beta mid November and – in honour of Nick Dunn – release Factory 1.0 on St Nicholas' Day. Of course, and you all know this, sky might fall in on us and plans will have to change – but we think that's a realistic schedule.

If you'd like to follow the development, have a look at the issue tracker where we will post, categorise and complete tasks over the next weeks.

So that's December 6. Just in time for Christmas!

Our plan is to provide a first beta mid November and – in honour of Nick Dunn – release Factory 1.0 on St Nicholas' Day

Hooray! 73 days to go.