Search

What file needs to have it's permission set? I'm upgrading to Symphony 2.3 and getting rid of CKeditor for security reasons.

@Vandenberg - Have you upgraded to Symphony 2.3 yet? You need to upgrade to Symphony 2.3 first before using.

There is a workaround to get it to work with 2.2.5, but, it's a workaround.

Apparently I was confused, the extension doesn't work and isn't installed.

I have already upgraded to Symphony 2.3 (verified)

I've set all files and folders in the extension to permission 777. same thing for class.general.php Removed the Markdown extension

Still doesn't install

@Vandenberg, upon installation, the redactor extension will try to create 2 folders in your workspace directory:

WORKSPACE/redactor/files
WORKSPACE/redactor/images

Symphony needs write permission on this location in order to be able to install this extension. You can change the location of these folders in the preferences screen afterwards.

I'm a fan of redactor and glad to see it as an extension. However, I am unable to install it. I am new to symphony, but it says "Download the Rich Text Formatter (Redactor) extension and upload the 'richtext_redactor' folder to the 'extensions' folder of your Symphony instance.".

There is no folder called "richtextredactor", there is one called "remie-richtextredactor-1ecc23b". I assume it means that.

After uploading, it does not show up in my extension list so I can install(enable) it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

@Xarcell - what version of Symphony are you running?

There is no folder called "richtextredactor", there is one called "remie-richtextredactor-1ecc23b". I assume it means that.

Rename the folder to richtext_redactor

remie, sent you a pull request to fix a mime type issue.

Hello, I installed the extension without any problem on Symphony 2.3.1 but I cannot add images to my content.

The files are uploaded fine inside the workspace/redactor/image directory, but nothing appears inside the RedactorJS textarea.

Can you tell me how to solve this issue ?

Thanks for your help.

Konilabs, might be related to my pull request.

Hi Lewis, I applied your patch an it does not change anything for me. I found in the install Readme that I must change something inside the .htaccess Can you give me an example of the .htaccess change ?

Do you have the PHP extension php_fileinfo installed? Anything in the PHP log?

Can you give me an example of the .htaccess change?

I think that is only if you upload to a folder outside the workspace folder.

@Mark: thanks! I was hoping they didn't deprecate the function yet because I didn't want to figure out how to use the finfo_open. I really appreciate you did take the time to sort it out :)

@Lewis Thanks a lot for yout help. php_fileinfo extension was disabled. Now everything is perfect. :)

Glad I could help guys!

@bzerangue

I renamed the folder to "remie-richtextredactor-1ecc23b" to "richtext_redactor" like you said and I was able to install it.

Thanks.

@remie - is there a way to set the bold button to <strong> and the italic button to <em>?

@bzerangue: I will create a support ticket for this, because you are right, it should be using more up-to-date tags. In the meantime you can adjust the redactor javascript files. They are part of the extension and reside in the LIB folder.

@remie, where in the javascript file do those settings reside?

@bzerangue: this should be in the lib/redactor.js and lib/redactor_min.js client-side javascript files.

hi,

i'm having a problem where the redactor extension is removing tags when i toggle between source and wysiwyg editing.

for example i have a structure like this: <div class="col"> <hgroup> <h1> upon toggling the source button the first time, <div class="col-left"> will get removed. if i toggle a secound time <hgroup> will be removed. the extension stops removing elements at the <h1> level.

note: <div class="col-left"> is the top level element.

i tested this at the redactor site and this does not happen.

any ideas?