Search

@james: I've purchased a developer license of Redactor when I started working on this extension. At that time, the license stated that it is allows to redistribute redactor in other projects, including open-source. Although the license model has changed (they now have a OEM license), my previous license is still valid and applicable.

So to answer in short: no, you do not need to buy a license yourself, yes you can use it in all your projects and yes, it is all legal :)

However, I do encourage you to support the development of redactor, so if you intend to use this frequently in commercial projects, please consider buying a license anyway.

[EDIT] Looks like I replied at the same time as the author :) Good to have the confirmation at least!

@remie' thanks for the clarification bud. It's good to know it's all above board, I'm not a fan of using unlicensed software.

Agree with your final comment as well. Will definitely get their dev license if/when I use this message on a profit making site.

Thanks for the plugin!

Hi. I'd like to remove a couple of options from the formatting drop-down in the toolbar. I have trawled through the JS to try and find where these should be taken out, and the most obvious place seems to be line 320 of redactor.js. However, when I take options out here, they still show up.

Can anyone help me by pointing out how I can take out a few of those styles? Thanks

@stuart: did you install the latest version of the extension and check the preferences page? You should be able to set most options there.

Hi Remie

Yes. I'm using the latest version. I can't see anything in the preferences which achieves what I am looking to do.

To elaborate, there is a "Formatting" drop-down in the toolbar which enables the user to select content and then apply a style to it (e.g. h1, h2, h3). I would like to exclude certain options from this list. I don't want the user creating extra H1 tags for semantic and aesthetic reasons. I would also like to take out the code and blockquote options for simplicity.

Although I'd love to see the option to hide these styles in the preferences, I am happy to delve into the code to fix the issue. I just can't find the relevant code.

Thanks, Stuart

alt text

Attachments:
Screen-Shot-2013-01-28-at-11.50.19.jpg

There may be a cleaner way to achieve it (in fact there definitely will be), but the easiest way that springs to mind is via CSS.

Adding the following to the extensions assets/redactor.css file removes the bold button, for example:

.redactor_box .redactor_btn_bold { display: none; }

Quick firebug on the elements you need to get rid of to get the class of the element and bobs your uncle.

@bzerangue Were you able to figure out how to make it output <strong> and <em> rather than <b> and <i> when clicking the bold and italic buttons?

Nope. I went back to using CKEditor in the process.

Why don't you make use of the ninja technique to replace b with strong and i with em?

I'm using this text-formatter for the first time and it really seems to work well. I'd also like to customize the formatting options like Stuart and it seems like the latest version of Redactor has an options to do this.

Remie, will you update the extension to make use of the latest Redactor code?

@nils: sure, can do. Will try to update it tonight, or else in the coming days.

Cool! Thanks a lot.

This is a service post:

Using this formatter will create unwanted line breaks (br). If you'd like to remove empty paragraphs and breaks at the end of a paragraph, you can make use of the Ninja Technique like so:

<xsl:template match="p[br and normalize-space(text()) = '' and count(*) = 1] | br[position() = last()]" mode="ninja" priority="1"></xsl:template>

(Assuming your ninja templates use the mode "ninja".)

Remie, just wanted to remind you of the editor update. Would be really helpful! Thanks.

Not sure if this has come up before, but sometimes we'll have an issue when a client copies and pastes text in, and the wysiwyg will generate code similar to the following:

Our services<br/>
<br/>
Example text here

Rather than

<p>Our services</p>
<p>Example text here</p>

This becomes a problem as <xsl:copy-of select="content/*"/> will not copy the text nodes, and will only copy content that has been wrapped in an element. This makes sense from the point of view of the parser, but is annoying.

Instead of a normal copy-of, I've had to do the following:

<xsl:copy-of select="content/node()"/>

This appears to work fine, and copies all text and elements exactly as they appear, even if they do not have a parent.

will this be updated for symphony 2.4 anytime soon?

will this be updated for symphony 2.4 anytime soon?

Hi diomed - I've just installed this extension on a new 2.4 site I'm working on and haven't run into any issues… yet.

What are the problems you're seeing?

Symphony just warns that it needs updating

@jeffleeder That can be ignored. It'll just be because the meta file contains an explicit 'up-to version 2.3.x' for its max version - not because there's actually an update available - in this case I think that max version probably just needs bumping up.