Search

How can i output multiple parameter values from my custom ds? When i use an array like $param_pool['ds-' . $this->dsParamROOTELEMENT] = array('item1','item2','item3'); it results in comma separated values <ds-myds>item1, item2, item3</ds-myds>. Is it ok?

Shouldn't it output something like <ds-myds><item>item1</item>... ???

Another question: I'm trying to filter a section ds with my custom ds using {$ds-myds} on a text input field. But it returns all the entries!

If my custom ds outputs <ds-myds>item1</ds-myds> and i have 4 entries (item1, item2, itemA, itemB) it returns all 4 entries not matching the filter!

What is going wrong?

Regards part 1, I think comma separated is correct but I'm not 100% sure I'll let the otehrs reply.

For the second part I think that what you are missing is the required field in the second data-source. I think you have to set $ds-myparentds as required in order for it to run after in the DS orders. This can be noticed by checking the naming most likely your first data-source is 'alphabetically larger' then the one which requires it thus its running after so your parameter is empty matching all entries.

Thanks Jonathan. I've found another problem here. I was using $dsParamROOTELEMENT = 'my_ds'; instead of my-ds. In the paramater pool it appeared as ds-my-ds even though the value was my_ds. The filter just worked when i corrected it to my-ds.

Please post your custom data source.

I would rather use an extension and subscribe to the FrontendParamsResolve delegate:

public function getSubscribedDelegates(){
    return array(
        array(
            'page'     => '/frontend/',
            'delegate' => 'FrontendParamsResolve',
            'callback' => 'addParam',
        )
    );
}

public function addParam(&$context){
    $context['params']['test'] = array('test1','test2','test3',);
}

The output will be:

<test>
  <item handle="test1">test1</item>
  <item handle="test2">test2</item>
  <item handle="test3">test3</item>
</test>

Stupid me. After re-reading the original post, my comment above is no good idea. I didn't notice that you query actual data from the DB. In your case a datasource is the right place to do it.

Stupid me. After re-reading the original post, my comment above is no good idea.

I suggested the same thing and then changed my comment above after I came to the same conclusion. I can't tell from his original post where the problem lies though. Need to see the custom data source.

I don't know what i changed, but now $param_pool['ds-' . $this->dsParamROOTELEMENT] = array('item1','item2','item3'); (the same code as before) is showing as <ds-myds><item>item1</item>....

Sorry guys, i think i wasn't much clear at this point:

Another question: I'm trying to filter a section ds with my custom ds using {$ds-myds} on a text input field. But it returns all the entries!

The custom ds does not query data from the DB, but i'm using it's output parameter to filter a ds that does query data from the DB.

Thank you very much guys! Thanks for the code too. May be helpful some other time.