Search

I'm looking to make a sort of "member tracker" that shows when members have created certain content around my site. I think most of it can be accomplished with a separate "member activity" section that holds entry ID's and dates and whatnot. For most of the front-end events, I'll probably use this good ole' article I always refer back to to save to 2 sections at once.

However, I don't really know the best way to go about writing to this section when a member is activated (not created, activated). My only thought is to hardcode something into event.members_activate_account.php, is there a better way? What code might I use to do this? I don't really understand the difference between:

Symphony::Database()->update();

$entry->setData();

Thanks!

Is this possible? Any thoughts? Thanks,

Would the brilliant Tracker work for you?

I would love it to. But as I noted here, it has limited compatibility with the Members Extension, only showing "A front end member updated entry Blah", which isn't so helpful.

Also, the problem here is that I'd like to display when a Member is activated, not created. We get a lot of junk members signing up, but they never activate.