Search

Same here; in new sites I've started using html-panel as a replacement for SSM, can give a better UI experience.. only problem is when creating new entries.

To a certain extent if its the last-stable version & SSM 'works' I don't think I would be updating the old sites to comply with the new structure... I'd rather leave that and then put an effort once Symphony Next is out.

Well anyway, it's in the integration branch already :)

Same here; in new sites I've started using html-panel as a replacement for SSM, can give a better UI experience.. only problem is when creating new entries.

I've done this too in the past. I've also created a button/link in the HTML panel to create a new entry which also passes a variable to an extension that redirects the user back to the section with the HTML panel. Make sense?

Well anyway, it's in the integration branch already :)

I would've strung them along a little further! ;-)

Ah but I'm not cruel like you!

You guys!

Have said it on github and I'll re-iterate it here.. awesome stuff! relationship management is looking good from what I've checked out on integration branch.

I’m too stupid to find it in the integration branch. Anyone willing to rub my nose in it?

@Bernardo, no problem finding the branch. Problem is, I don’t know how to find the relation management stuff in an actual installation. I’ve only spotted the drawer.

Try build related sections and create some content, then check the new button "Show Associations" on the right side above the content. =]

The 'Associations' drawer visualises the links between sections using a Select Box Link based field, and allows you to easily traverse sections with these links.

Ahhh, now I see :) cheers!

So a future SSM-replacement would build on this? The main feature I’d currently miss is an image preview. Also the »limit entries« feature would be kind of … ähh, »limiting«.

Sorry, I don’t want to complain, it’s really great you guys are working on this!

It has delegates to allow overriding of the entire creation of the drawer contents.

In essence, a developer can create an extension that is configurable via the preferences (for example) and allow image previews and many other features.

@John, Good stuff! Is something like getting rid of the entry-limit, plus a search like in the SSM, but that only fetches matching entries (instead of all), doable with this?

It's doable. The whole SSM UI concept can be recreated using the given data – just as a JavaScript plugin.

In other words: the-mother-of-all-relationship-extensions-extension

The limit is a config option if I remember right.

So is setting it to 0 deactivate it? Or would I rather have to use something like 999999?

(edit: typo)

0 would show 0 entries, but still have the links for the section visible, 999999 would allow that many links.

There is no deactivating it as it's a core feature now.

Ok, thanks John and Nils! The future looks bright again! :)