Search

It appears that Peter has redubbed this extension "Symphony Deluxe" as he broadens its scope and functionality. It's sounding pretty good! I'm seeing it listed in his GitHub here: https://github.com/Petertron/symphony_deluxe

Correct me if I'm wrong, @petertron!

Yes, Edit Plus has been superseded. Symphony Deluxe version 0.0.1 has been up on symphonyextensions.com for a few days. I had not mentioned it on this forum because its state of completion was not good enough. Version 0.1.0 should be ready very soon.

Incidentally, I started to dislike the name ‘Edit Plus’ (near enough the same name as EditPlus for MS Windows) almost as soon as I had released the extension. The idea was to put some ‘plus’ into editing XSLT, but a name like ‘Code Editor’ would have been better.

Symphony Deluxe 0.1.0 is now available. Directories can be created, files can be uploaded or downloaded.

The name of this extension will change. Somebody raised an issue on GitHub questioning the appropriateness of the name "Symphony Deluxe". I chose that name because the extension adds features that some Symphony users would wish were built in, and also because I could not think of a good descriptive name.

@Petertron, this extension (Symphony Deluxe) is really good with the editor!

The name is too little descriptive, but well done anyway!

I've just installed it and wohw! I can't believe it. very nice work, Petertron. I love it.

Thank you @germchaos and @moma.

The successor to Symphony Deluxe will (most probably) be released sometime this year. It will be essentially the same thing, but with the use of AJAX for saving files, uploading files and such like.

Right now if anyone wants syntax highlighting for CSS and JS then they can install Symphony Deluxe version 0.1.1.

Some people will have noticed my extensions Workspace Manager and Code Editor on the extensions site. But not everyone checks the extensions site. For anyone who still uses Symphony Deluxe I bring you news of something better. Workspace Manager and Code Editor are a pair, although either of them can be used on its own. Workspace Manager provides an ordinary text area for editing, and Code Editor adds line numbers and syntax highlighting. Code Editor can be installed on its own to provide syntax highlighting for XSLT templates.

The current versions are far from being the final versions. They work well enough to be useable.