Search

Hi, I need to help with something quite specific. My customer needs XML data of Symphony CMS to make feeds to send them to another system - it is online searching database of tours - mainly ski tours. I have some details about lists and fields of another system and example XML which is accepted. It is quite different from my customer data - but similarities are.

Is somehow possible to prepare data from sections (fields) and rename or reorganize them to the right and accepted XML format of another system ???

Is possible to have another root node than "data" ?? I need root node in XML to be "tours".

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks.

setup up a page as xml, append the necessary data sources, and have the XSLT output as XML, have the XSLT rename your root node.

Hi, thank You very much.

Is there some fast solution to rename that root node "data" to "tours" ?

Thanks ...

Did you try:

<xsl:template match="/">
    <tours>
        <xsl:copy-of select="data/*" />
    </tours>
</xsl:template>

Hi, thanks very much. This is very nice and I will try. But I have another problem. I need to connect some section (and fields) to another for this xml export.

It is importatnt that when source data are changed connected data should change too. Is some way to do this ?

It is mainly needed for that xml export, which should work online and from xml will be data collected by another web.

Or is some another recommneded solution ?

Could someone please help ??? Customer has some important need to connect data by xml with another system...

Its not clear enough what you'd like to do. Within Symphony you could modify datasources to pull up data according to the request; the XML will always show the latest data that you require.

If you want to link this data up with some external system; you could use Remote Datasource and use JSON or XML outputs from other system. If you want to change your XML structure however you'd have to learn some XSLT.

Hi. Thanks for answer gunglien.

I need to communicate customer data from symphony to another system by xml.

Main thing is to transform current data to right xml form to send to another system. So when customer add new entries, they also will be transfered by xml to other system. I have some example xml and templates for data strucuture (usable for sections and datsources). So maybe one main work could be in some XSLT you have mentioned.

Are there some utils and guides for shortening time with xml export ????

Hi, thanks very much. This is very nice and I will try. But I have another problem. I need to connect some section (and fields) to another for this xml export.

You need to build the XML yourself using XSLT. The solution above would simply change the root element. You need to step through each element and output it in the new XML structure that you need.

Are there some utils and guides for shortening time with xml export ????

Not that I'm aware of.