Search

Hi!

I built a form using symphony events. Yeah, Great and simple! Now I would like to send an email to the "owner" (or members) of the site, in which there are all the fields of the form.

I can't understand if there are extension to do this, or if I have to attach php files to send emails, like classical forms.

Are there extensions to do this simply?

Thanks

Hi DaveRev,

The email template manager extension let's you make templated emails (html and text).
Or you could keep it simple and just add the 'Send notification email' filter to your event.
When selected there's some example markup you can use.
But there's not a lot of styling possibilities when choosing the latter...

Thanks Cremol, I'm interesting (at the moment) for the second option you say. I build my form using an event That I create in "events" section, and I add, as you say, "Send notification email" filter to this event.

Now I don't understand if there's some code to write in form(like xslt function, some strings), or if I have to associate a php file (when I write <form action="example.php" etc) to send email. I see that in event there's example of code that I have to write to "build" the email, but are there others strings of code to write in form?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I haven't found replies. :(

Hi DaveRev, like Cremol said, the Email Template Manager extension is great for this purpose.

But if you want to do the simplest way, you'll need to attach Send Notification Email filter in your Event. There's no need of php script for this, just follow the instruction on the Event with this filter (save the event to see those instructions).

The form action point to the page that have the event attached. Usualy is used the same page, ex: <form action="">.

You also can make a good use of Default Event Values extension.

Thanks! Yes, probably I'll install and try Email Template Manager extension, I only would to understand how to implement a form and send email with symphony at first.

I also see in symphony installation package that in the "about.xsl" page, the form is insert in a "for-each" cycle. What is the utility of this cycle?

Another question: is there a way to try to send emails (with symphony) on localhost?

P.s: does Email Template Manager extension work with symphony v 2.3.1?

Yes it does. See the 2.3.x branch.

Wooooonderful! :D

I'm looking for a solution for this problem:

In my form I want to display (with a select tag) all the nations of the world. At the moment I create a datasource that "import" an external xml file, I associate this datasource to my page, and I add xslt to display these items.

But all the "options" of the select tag, aren't processed by the "event-form". They're only displayed, and when I click on "submit", no values are "sendend" to symphony.

How can I resolve it? I may create a section with all the nations... or I import xml file!!! I see XML Import extension and I think it can resolve my problem but I get this: "An error occurred while processing this form." when I "create an importation".

I get this error when I try to run xml import. alt text

What does it mean?

@DaveRev if your list is 'static' there's a simpler way.

create a datasource; edit its 'php' find the 'grab/execute' function and replace it with a return of the XML structure that you want. you can use string as output it would work.

When I had the scenario you're mentioning we ended up populating the selectbox via json/javascript. For the simple-reason that google was detecting the 'countries' as important words in our website.

Hi Gunglien! Can you give me an example? I don't understand what you say.. I open php datasource file, but I can't understand what I have to edito to return values...