Search

Hi! I would like to insert in backend a field with a link to preview the entry I'm editing. I'm trying to do this with Entry URL field extension, but I can't "configure" it when i have to insert Anchor Label & Anchor URL.

For example, I'm editing an entry of "Pages" section. What are the correct anchor label and anchor URL to use?

Are the curly braces necessary to configure?

Thanks for the help!

For example, I'm editing an entry of "Pages" section. What are the correct anchor label and anchor URL to use?

That depends on your frontend URL structure. Can you provide an example entry URL?

From the readme:

For example: /members/profile/{entry/name/@handle}/

To avoid misunderstandings, I'm trying this extension on the installation packages of symphony, so we can work on the same symphony.

I want to add the entry url field in "articles" section. I install the extension, go to "sections", click "articles", and add a new field.

Now I don't understand what I have to write in anchor label and url..

Dave, give us an example of an actual URL that you would like to be sent to when clicking the Preview link. This could be something like:

http//domain.com/articles/article-name

Using that as an example, you might use the following for the Entry URL field:

/articles/{entry/name/@handle}

Oh right, This is an actual url of my site.. http://domain.com/page-title

Yep, that's what this extension does: provide a link to the frontend. From the readme:

Add a hyperlink in the backend to view an entry URL in the frontend

So if you have a section for articles/pages, and these articles/pages' names are the first URL parameter, and your page title field is "Page Title", you would use this for the Anchor URL:

/{entry/page-title/@handle}

For the Anchor Label, you could simply use "Preview" or similar.

There is an extension based off the Entry Url that was created for this purpose. Preview URL Field. It doesn't look to be 2.3 ready at the moment as the developer is no longer active in Symphony afaik. Maybe this would suit your requirement?

I'm not sure if I patched everything, but I made a stab at a 2.3 compatible version a while back here.

It works for my own use right now.

Great, it works! Thanks for the support! I also wrong because I didn't save the entry, so there were nothing in label tag! Keep calm and carry on! :)