Search

Good morning! I have a little-big problem: I create a new site with symphony v 2.3.2. Great! I export an ensemble to install the same project on another server. Trying to install it, I get ever the same error:

Installation failed An error occurred during installation. View the log for more details

I try to see log files but I see that doesn't exist folders that "log-link" needs! "installation/logs/ doesn't exist, but I set permission 777 on all the project before the installation..

You shouldn't need to use Ensembles to install on another server. Unless you're using Git, I'd suggest simply copying all the files and adjusting config.php as necessary, and taking a dump of the current database to import to the new database.

I had a similar problem with upgrading using git. I think I created the required folder and verified the permissions. Then I re-ran the install script.../install.

Dammit. I thought I'd caught that for 2.3.2, although I'm sure I have in integration branch for 2.3.3.

The actual installation log is located in the /manifest/logs folder now. Sorry, it was my mistake.

Actually, I did miss this one. Just added the fix to the integration branch.

@DavidOliver I know, but I have to send this installation package to a person that don't use symphony :( and (I think) this way is the simplest. However, as you say, I solved copying all files and "dumping" db. :)

Thanks @glen and @designermonkey! I'll try with the integration branch asap.

Hi! I tried export ensemble downloading integration branch.. I've got the same error:

"/install/logs/install/ doesn't exists.

Is it possible?

Although I'm not really familiar with php I thought this was the error.