Select Box Link field replaced the old Section Link field; the preferences editor was cleaned up; the debug interface got a new syntax highlighter; the data source editor was stabilized; author/field integration was improved; hundreds of bugs were mercilessly obliterated; and more…
- The debug page has been converted to use Rowan’s excellent “Bitter” syntax highlighter, which includes highlighting for well-formedness errors, AVT syntax and parameter references.
- Unused (or useless) preferences have been removed or relocated to
- The select box link field has been adopted in the core as a replacement for the section link field.
- Symphony’s character recognition has been improved in many places. [233, 274, 276, 277, 284, 285, 289, 291]
- The data source editor is much less buggy. [226, 243, 275, 282, 283, 292]
- Some edge cases that caused XML errors have been fixed. [220, 250, 255, 293]
- Authors are now better integrated with various field types. [208, 247]
- Date handling is less buggy. [250, 271]
- Plenty of other minor bugs too numerous for me to mention here without inducing RSI have been addressed.