Symphony 2.6.0 introduces autoloading support, a new Calendar interface for Date fields and Publish Filtering has been enhanced with new features and stability improvements.
With this release, there is also some sad news to share. Nils will be taking his leave from the core development team as he moves to further his studio's work. Over the years, Nils has worked tirelessly to improve and refine the interface that we all use daily. I'm personally very grateful and proud of the contributions from Nils (and Johnna) and I wish them all the best in future endeavours!
Additionally, with this version Symphony bumps it's recommended MySQL version to 5.5 as MySQL 5.0 has reached the end of active development.
- #2263 Add new
iNamespacedCacheinterface that can be used for Caching purposes. This allows multiple cache entries to be deleted using a shared namespace.
- #2194 The codebase now utilises classmap autoloading instead of the spaghetti of require/include statements.
- The Datasource Editor now includes the filter modifiers for all fields, and optionally some documentation about each filter to better expose field filtering capabilities
- The Date field has two new settings which enable a Calendar UI, and a date only mode
- Introduce a new
- Allow email attachment mime type to be defined instead of detected
- Addition of an
ASSETS_URLconstant which is used to reflect the path of the
- #2357 Don't set cookies when exceptions are thrown (unless required of course)
- #2355 Allow page parameters to have the value
- #2339 Only replace the start of the path when using custom admin paths
- #2303 Handle nested fields when determining if invalid or missing
- #2290 Allow publish filtering to work with multiple values when separated by a comma
- #2288 Fix Various Publish Filtering issues
- #2246 Remove Publish Filtering from Sections that only have 2 entries
- #2244 Add First Name / Last Name as a filtering option for the Author field
- #2237 Fix Hidden state randomly changing when the Section Editor had an error
- #2236 Add some smarts to the SectionEvent for File uploads (this fixes an S3 Upload Field bug)
- #2174 Make the XSRF token live for as long as the session instead of an arbitary value
- #2163 Add a UNIQUE constraint to the
hashcolumn of the cache table
- #2129 Add a filtered entry count when using Publish Filtering
- Fix unsetting the current-path or root-path parameters (fixes an Expression Field bug
- Fix styling issue with the collapsible plugin (fixes a DateTime Field bug
- Fix when XSLT template path was not using the
- Fix installer to use appropriate constants
- Fix the Taglist field
AppendEventFilterDocumentationnot firing on page load correctly
- Removed sections index from options for default area for managers
- #2324 Any query string parameters used for login are now retained
- The Select Box now extends the Tag List field instead of duplicating a fair whack of it's functionality
- Make checkbox field able to process boolean values
- The Symphony.Context object now includes the Symphony version
- All Dynamic XML datasources are marked as readonly now that they are deprecated
- Update to jQuery 2.1.3
- Various PHPDoc fixes
- Various Scrutinizer and Sensio Insights fixes