Search

Hi,

I have a small website to show my photos by category. This website is pretty simple and was built quickly with Symphony, as you guess.

Now, I'm working on the second version for which I want more features and also to be easier to manage.

I found basic section controls not adapted for batch photo updates.

Like flickr, once I have imported all my new photos, I would like to be able really quickly to assign a batch of selected photos to a specific category, add some tags, update the description, assign to a gallery/theme/blog entry, etc.

From flickr, I like the drag and drop feature. It feels more like an application than a website, and I would like to have the same feeling with version 2 of my website.

Is symphony backend able to do that stuff... Is it easier to create a front-end interface with some controls/event?

I'm not really a symphony expert (two simples website built with it) and I'm not sure if that kind of control implementation can be achieved with Symphony. The front-end will be really simple, so I'm thinking building that new site with another solution rather than Symphony. I have built in the past some admin interface with Prado framework (.NET like php framework).

Thanks for your help

I once had a client with similar requests and decided to let him stay with flickr for managing his photos, build all the other stuff in symphony and then pull in the photos via photoset-id and a custom datasource.

Symphony's backend really can't compete against flickr on that and rebuilding something that's coming close in the frontend was totally out of scope for me.

I documented my solution for S.2.2.3 in this post. But it might need some adjustment to work with newer versions.

Thanks Roman for your opinion.

At the beginning I considered that kind of solution, but maybe I will use also 500px or another online photo sharing services. Since there is an API to upload directly from php code to flickr, I would like to use my website as photo management and have some options to upload on different websites.

This is my website, so I have all time I want to do my researches... I will continue to search :)

Thanks