Search

Hello,

I installed importcvs on this way.

cvc co git://github.com/kanduvisla/importcsv.git
git branch 2.2.5 

The last one I did because I need it by version 2.2.5. I enabled the plugin but when I choose the plugin in the system menu I see a 500 error message.

Can anyone help me figure out what went wrong here ?

Roelof

a 500 error should leave you with something in your server logs.

Hello, In the main log nothing cannot be found. Other servers log I cannot read because Im on a shared hosting.

Did I do the git commands well to install version 2.2.5 of the plugin.

Roelof

Just out of interest, what is cvc co? I assume it cloned the git repo for you? I would use git clone git://github.com/kanduvisla/importcsv.git importcsv from the Symphony extensions directory to grab this normally.

The git command you ran will create a new branch with the current state called 2.2.5. ImportCSV has a tag called 2.2.5. You'll need to do git checkout -b mybranch 2.2.5 to get the state stored under tag 2.2.5 and put it in mybranch, along with automatically switching you to mybranch.

Note: git branch is used to create, list and delete branches usually, you can also use git branch mybranch 2.2.5 to create a branch with the state as it was in tag 2.2.5, but this won't automatically switch you as with git checkout.

Should I do the steps again or can I just uninstall importcvs. After that do the checkout and after that install it again.

I think you should be okay just to uninstall via the admin interface, do the checkout then install via the admin interface again, but I'm not 100% sure.

If that doesn't work you could uninstall, delete the importcsv folder from extensions then follow the steps again.

it worked partially.

I see now this in my page:

FLOAT : img_5874.jpg

Naam : Tamara Wobben  
Geboorte gewicht : 2000 gra…

instead of :

FLOAT : img_5874.jpg

Naam : Tamara Wobben
Geboorte gewicht : 2000 gram
Geboorte lengte : 44 cm.
Geboortedatum : 1 september 2005

that's probably because you already made a branch called 2.2.5

Honestly I'd just delete the importcsv directory (after uninstall) and start over.

edit: urgh filenames.

Sorry, I edited my message. That problem seems to be over.

I think we'd need more background information to help with that?

no problem. What do you need ?

Well, is that page the output of a template or an entry after an import? One thing to note, you need to make sure any files you import via ImportCSV are UTF-8 encoded, otherwise your imports will get mangled.

The right one is output of a template. The wrong one is output of the extension and the template produce utf-8.

is the data imported correctly into the entry itself?

If you mean it is displayed well on the page. See www.tamarawobben.nl But if I export it then it's getting messed up.

Oh so you are exporting and the .csv file itself is getting messed up? What types of fields are you using?

I'm using the text and text area types.

Okay, so what exactly are you trying to do, what is going wrong, and at what point in the workflow? I'm a little lost with the context here.

What I trying to do is exporting all my entries with exportingcvs. But when I look at the .csv file the articles get messup up.

So when I use import/exportcvs to import them in another site the tekst is messed up.

Roelof