Search

I have a Symphony install on my root directory. I created a subdomain in cPanel to store static files, ex; images.example.com

When I try to access the subdomain (that contains static files), I get a infinite redirect loop error Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects..

http://img.example.com/img/index.php/?symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/index.php/&symphony-page=img/img/403.shtml/

All I want is to be able access any arbitrary subdomain without interference from Symphony.

How do I solve this? My .htaccess skills are lacking.

Where did you point images.example.com to? is this your base symphony directory? or the images folder?

When you put a URL to a real file eg images.example.com/yourdir/image.jpg what do you get. At the very least your image should be returned even with the normal Symphony .htaccess

Most likely what you have to do is add a custom .htaccess rule saying if the domain is your images subdomain, and the file is not found it should return a 404 message instead of redirecting to symphony.

Where did you point images.example.com to? is this your base symphony directory? or the images folder?

My base symphony folder is in the root folder of my public_html folder. The subdomain gets it's own folder. public_html/images.

When you put a URL to a real file eg images.example.com/yourdir/image.jpg what do you get. At the very least your image should be returned even with the normal Symphony .htaccess

The file is returned properly, however, when I try to browse a directory tree, I get the redirect loop. For some reason, sometimes I get

Warning: require(/home/username/public_html/images/symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/public_html/images/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/images/symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/images/index.php on line 6

It's basically something to do with the htaccess; symphony by default switches off directory browsing & redirects each & every request to index.php in root. Hence your errors.

If you want to browse directories you would need to add a new .htaccess file under the /images folder. I think this by default should override behavior from the parent .htaccess