Search

It would be great to get a date in the calendar soon, The earlier people can plan, the greater the attendance should be.

I agree! I'm currently waiting for @allen to contact me to start planning.

Email sent, Remie.

Still no date?

As we're only 2 weeks away from August, I'd perhaps put the idea forward that we set this back to end of September or even October.

I'm planning to attend, but if it's August then I can't at such short notice (financial savings etc).

AFAIK, some of us like the Oktoberfest in Munich and may want to attend this spectacle. :-) So we might have an eye on this taking place from September 21st to October 6th.

If end of August is impossible (and I assume that it actually is, for organizational reasons alone), I'd love to see it happen in October. (Any date in September is practically impossible for me.)

I'm also planning to attend, and there could possibly be one to two more colleagues which might tag along. Dates would be appreciated so we can plan accordingly.

Personally I'm not fussy about the dates, but would appreciate some time to try passing it through work first.

Ditto, Aug/Sept becoming difficult. October would be better.

Any news? or it's not happening this year?

My guess it's not happening in 2013. Should we aim for an early 2014 Symposium in Amsterdam? (We probably should.)

As said before, I am keen. I guess it falls to the people on the ground in Amsterdam who will need todo the work arranging the venue etc. @remie, how does this sound to you?

So who's up for taking this thing on and setting a date? We've probably missed the boat for this year but a spring time gig in Europe could be good. :)

I think the main sticking point at the moment is the difficulty in getting the working group members to attend.

I would love to visit Amsterdam. I feel like our next Symposium, whenever it should definitely be held there. That said, unlike previous years, I no longer have the financial ability to fund my trips and travelling to Europe is an expensive exercise.