Search

Hi all,

I've never seen this before, but some content in a Symphony site we built is causing the formatter to output no content.

The field is tested and is working, but when the desired content is in place it outputs nothing. Literally blank.

i.e. This is what I get when debugging (note the word count, but no content):

<content mode="formatted" word-count="6634" />

I'm currently using a multilingual textbox, but I tried changing it to a basic textarea and the outcome is the same.

Is there something likely to be in the content that's known to cause this? I'm getting no errors and it's a LOT of text to troubleshoot (terms and conditions page), you can see the actual content here: http://pastie.org/private/dka9vn0geevmmxawjqvmwg

Even turning the formatting off doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Try reselecting the field in your datasource.

Have you recently updated your install?

Hi brendo.

Nope, no updating. Reselecting the field in the datasource doesn't help. As I say, it outputs fine if I just dump a few random words in there, it's that specific content that causes it to output blank.

The textarea has a type of MEDIUMTEXT, try changing this to LONGTEXT and then resaving the content. Do you have any memory errors or what not? Odd that output would continue if you did though.

Hi Brendo,

I'm a little confused :(

I'm assuming you mean in the database? I've tracked down that field and both the 'value and 'value_formatted' are set to FULLTEXT.

I had a look around the db but couldn't see anywhere that has MEDIUMTEXT set that would be relevant.

(As mentioned I'm using the multilingual textbox, but did try changing to textarea with the same effect).

Am I missing something?