Search

I'm testing an event to see how it behaves when a file is larger than the indicated file upload maximum, however it seems bugged.

Using /?debug in the form 'action' is how I ordinarily handle these things, and I'm seeing the result of the event fine, except when I test the file upload. If I attempt to upload a file bigger than the maximum I just get:

<events />

Where the event result normally is. So there's no way for me to report to the user that the file is too large.

I'm guessing this isn't intended behaviour, any one else encountered this? Any ideas why attempting to upload a file could stop the entire event from working?

Edit: In case it's relevant I should mention that this form submission normally happens through ajax. So in this case I'm sending the form to another page that has the event attached to it. But as I say, all works correctly, except for when a file is too large. But thought I'd mention in case it's a factor.

I believe you may have encountered #1187 which has no real fix at the moment. Suggest just upping the max file size limit :(

Ah, comforting to at least know that it's a known issue.

Looking at Nick's suggestion it seems that I can increase the server (?) max upload size slightly, but keep the Symphony max upload size smaller, so that Symphony will trigger an error before the server gets a chance to.

The only thing I'm confused about is the variety of 'max upload' terms.

I see max_post_size upload_max_filesize and post_max_size

So… what am I changing exactly, and where? :)

Thanks for your help Brendo

Not to worry, think I worked it all out.

I set the following, so hopefully that'll do what I need it to do!

post_max_size = 20M
upload_max_filesize = 10M