Search

Hey Guys,

Please help me.. I need to learn how to develop extension for symphony CMS. I am new & excited to XSLT CMS.. Just refer any simple extension which include following things..
Database operation select, insert, delete & update Show the selected query data in front end using twitter bootstrap..

thanks, B

@bkvaiude

From what you're talking about, it seems that you don't necessarily need an extension.

You just need to create a data-source, to output your data (maybe custom) then this would output XML; which you can style with XSLT.

Ideally give a breakthrough of what you'd like to achieve and will see how we can guide you through it. Though I'd highly reccomend going through the API if you want to do something custom, especially toolkit (datasource,mysql,xmlelement)

thanks for reply. I need to develop simple application which reads a csv file data and show it on fron side with 3 custom layouts.

I am new to this CMS as well as at XSLT Can you please help me to know where should I start? & on which part I need to most focus?

I would essentially just use a datasource, go into workspace/datasources, that is if you don't want to import the csv files in a Symphony section (otherwise you can use a csv importer.

(if you installed the packaged version you should already have some files). You can edit one of them; and add/change the execute function. This function should read your csv and return either a Valid (symphony) XML Object or an XML string.

When you get to this step; the layouts should be done via xslt.