Search

Hi

I am very new to Symphony CMS. Now I am working on the Member extension and I got a problem of non activated user. If an non activated user login, Symphony will return the following error:

Symphony Warning: Illegal string offset 'role_id' An error occurred in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Ecommerce/extensions/members/lib/class.members.php around line 122

122  $role = RoleManager::fetch($role_data['role_id']);

I must did something wrong, can anyone give me some advice please?

Thank you.

Hi guys,

I'm working with P233 on this one - nobody have any insight?

Is this expected behaviour?

Cheers,

Nathan

I think this could be related to some config... not so sure; but there should be a 'default' user-role for public non-logged in members.

I think ideally non-activated users should not be allowed to login; presumably in this case they can log-in yet a user-role is not being fetched.

Hi @gunglien,

You are right, in that unregistered and non-activated users shouldn't be able to login, but they also shouldn't be presented with an unfriendly Symphony error when attempting to do so.

If the extension returned an error then we could push the user to the activation area and give them the option of sending a new code etc. But as it stands all we can give them is a CMS panic.

If this is the expected and reproducible result of this action then I'll go and file it as a bug - but I was worried that this wasn't supposed to happen and might relate to an issue elsewhere with the setup.

Quite honestly I haven't tried a login; or if I did it was with a Symphony 2.2.x install.

Yes I'd file it as a bug; should not be intended behavior to get an error. Additionally the guys using it might be able to give you quicker feedback if you had to file the bug as I'd assume they'd get an email/notification.

I'm a total newbie on here (a Drupal fugitive) and would like to know where the progress on this issue can be followed.

The management of users "at-the-gate" is a key issue for me.

Thanks.