Search

Please forgive this very basic question: I'm new to Symphony, and can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere (which suggests that either I don't know how to ask the question, or that it's such a simple answer that no has had trouble with it before :) ).

I have a section containing a textarea field. I would like to include some basic HTML tags, e.g.

Paragraph1

Paragraph2

I insert the element into my page using the following line: . These are converted to HTML entities in the XML (I understand that this is necessary to prevent invalid XML...). However, when it opens in the browser, it loads as literal text. Instead of multiple paragraphs according to the p tags, it reads, "

Paragraph1

Paragraph2

It appears that this happens in the XML to Result transformation. In the XML tab of the debugger: "<![CDATA[

CONTENT HERE

Is it possible to include HTML tags in a textarea, that are outputted and interpreted as such by the browser?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Please forgive this very basic question

Don't worry. Symphony and especially XSLT definitley isn't that easy to get your head around, but it's definitely worth it in the long term (most of the time ;).

and can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere

We are painfully aware that documentation and tutorials (or the lack thereof) is a weak point right now, but people from the community are already working very hard to improve this.

Is it possible to include HTML tags in a textarea, that are outputted and interpreted as such by the browser?

Here you go...

<xsl:value-of select="yoursection/entry/yourtextarea" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

Brilliant! Thank you so much! :)

Yes, the learning curve is a bit steep, but nevertheless I am loving the whole philosophy of Symphony. And to be honest, I find it far more logical than the back-end template-ing in the few other CMSs I've tried.