Search

dear community I just updated a customers Website to 2.3.3 the update process went smoothly and didn't throw me any errors the only thing now is that all the images that are not being loaded directly from in between the workspace/images folder are not showing up at all.

The Website is a music online label for african music. All the images for the Front-end UI are being loaded without problems, but the images for the album covers cannot be loaded any longer...

Any of you having similar issues? this path used to work {$root}/image/2/309/309/5/images/covers/{cover/filename} and now it is not. I'm using the JIT image manipulator extension v.1.15

It obviously is a Path problem, did some critical path change hapened on 2.3.3? Or is it a JIT problem?

Let me know if you need more information. glad about any help or suggestion I'm struggling with this a bit right now!

Many thanks in advance RELD.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 6.28.52 PM.png

I just realized I'm getting this: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) on each and every image related to the albums....

The field type are you using for the images?

There has been a change in how the upload field deals with paths in 2.3.3 if I remember correctly: Could be related to this change

EDIT

Looks like you fixed it from looking at the site.

Moonoo2 Thank you so much for your reply! I was reading through the update logs and found exactly what you are talking about. I ended up downgrading symphony back to 2.3 because it was taking me too long to solve the problem.

I'm pretty sure now it has to do with what you say!

I'm going to dig into it right now, hoping that I won't have to change all the entries manually on the DB.

Have a great day and thank you once more for the reply!

cheers Reld.

EDIT

Määhhhh It loks like I'll have to do the changes manually....

Why do you have to do the changes manuall? The 1.8 version of the upload field includes a migration when you update the extension that will update the tables for you :)

@reid - what field type were you using was it the regular upload field or was it unique upload field? If it's unique upload field, did you upgrade to latest version?

I ran into the same issue this morning when I upgraded to Symphony 2.3.3. I ended up finding out that it wasn't Symphony or the JIT extension... it's because I didn't upgrade my Unique Upload Field extension.

Wow! you guys are freaking awesome! Thanks for all the usefull advice! I'm still a beginner when it comes to Symphony and sometimes I get quite confused! I'll check all your suggestions and let you guys know what I came up with.

@Brendo: That was the first thing that came into my head as a solution according to my knowledge at the time, now I see your point and I see I was misunderstanding the situation. thanks for that.

@Bzerangue: Honestly I don't remember which one I'm using, but what you wrote sounds very promising! thanks for that also.

Wish you guys a great day

later, RELD

Well, as far as I can see I think I've been using the regular upload field. But, the weird thing though is that it is not listed as an extension. Is this right or am I missing something? Cheers Reld

EDIT Do you guys recommend implementing the unique upload field against the standard one??

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 12.13.02 PM.png

@reld

Do you guys recommend implementing the unique upload field against the standard one??

No longer needed as the standard one now takes care of name collisions.

alright! thnxs for clarifying this to me vladG!

Do you guys recommend implementing the unique upload field against the standard one??

No longer needed as the standard one now takes care of name collisions.

Not quite. The main reason for the Unique Upload Field is to solve any browser cache issues if you replace an image. The standard Upload Field will not always create a new name. (Delete the first entry which whows the original filename, then re-create it – you will see the same original filename.) In these cases, especially Safari may still show the old cached image.

Upgrading to 2.3.4 effortlessly resolved the issue! Thank you. Cheers. R